Thread: Some question about the music player in Windows Phone 7

Some question about the music player in Windows Phone 7

I have recently bought a windows phone 7 and I just wanted to know if there is some kind of solution to stop the song rather than just pausing it and then playing it again. I am using the zune and I like it as well but then it does not allow me to end and I really don’t like to press the volume button every time. I just hate when the songs are paused and then when I mistakenly press the play key and then it starts suddenly. Is there anyone who has found a way to it and can help me out as well? Any help regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Some question about the music player in Windows Phone 7

I don’t think that there is some kind of solution for it to end the song rather than just pausing it even I have the same situation when I play song for a while and then I have to pause it rather than ending the song I just wish that there could have been a way. I will like to inform you that you can reboot the phone in such situation because after the reboot the player will be set to default where you will not see the pause until you play some song but then doing this all the time is not a very good solution I will rather suggest you to avoid the accidental play of the song because I am doing the same and you can also try to use the back button which close the volume screen and see if it helps.

Thank you I was actually not yet aware of pushing the back button I think that at least this could act as a alternative for ending the song I just wish that there could have been some customization on the windows phone in order to avoid such problems. I have also read in a forum that if we use some third party apps then the problem can be solved but I am not yet aware of such third party music applications and turning of the phone and then turning it on is really not a good choice to solve this I think that we should avoid our fingers to touch the play shortcut or we can just avoid it to a great extent by not holding the phone on the hand the times I mean we can keep it in pocket as well.

Yes I really think that there should be a way to end the song then just pausing song because I think that pausing is a option when someone wants to resume back to the song later but then what about the ones who don’t want to revert back to the song and just want to end it after hearing it till they want .I actually don’t have that much problem with the player because I have hardly hit the play button accidentally and I also don’t listen to songs that much but when we are able to end the songs in other phones than why not this phone . I mean that it would not have been a big deal if they had provided us with a end option as well

Even I think that there should be a way out to end the song. I will like to share with you all that some days ago I was checking for some new ringtones in the application market and after a while I came across scary Halloween ringtones there were a list of them and I don’t remember the exact price of them and next to the tone there was a play button and after hearing a couple of them I just exited to the home screen and I did not know but it kept playing the songs as I have not paused and then exited and later I to check some other song in the market place to stop that song as pausing it was resulting in a pop up for resume and later to clear it out I rebooted the phone because that was the only solution we are left with.