Thread: Sony Mp3 Walkman is not getting Detected

Sony Mp3 Walkman is not getting Detected

I have Sony Mp3 walkman playerNWZ - B133F, whenever i connect it with my pc nothing happens, my pc doesnt show any icon regarding that,but When i connect it with one of my friend's PC its working, but not in mine....Please Help me!

Re: Sony Mp3 Walkman is not getting Detected

As you told that your Sony walkman player is not working with your PC but when you play it wiyh your friend's PC, its doing wel, sometimes the driver of the device may corrupt, you can reinstall driver software and use your sony walkman to your computer but before that ensure whether driver software has been corrupt or not.To do this follow the instruction.got to-->My Computer>Properties>Hardware>Device Manager and if you see the yellow Exclamation mark before the device name, means driver has been corrupt, please reinstall it and restart the computer, thats it.

First of all connect your PC and device(Sony player) properly, then go to "My Computer" and right click on it, a pop-up will open, select "Properties" option here, You will see a "Hardware" tab > device manager > portable audio > then here right click and select update drivers> select option "Let me choose driver for this device" > usb mass storage driver....and you have done.

Sometimes also registry has been modified by the third party software installation due to which the default setting has been changed and it makes the error, you can reinstall the driver software and use your device.Go to the Device Manager,you have to go to yellow exclamatory mark before the device, right click here and select UPDATE DRIVER option,click on continue anyway.

I have the exact same issue except "Portable Audio Devices" don't appear in my Device Management folder. Could somebody enlighten me about how this can be corrected?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceph View Post
    I have the exact same issue except "Portable Audio Devices" don't appear in my Device Management folder. Could somebody enlighten me about how this can be corrected?
    Are you having the same Sony Mp3 Walkman music player with you or some other one, if so then please post the exact make or model no. of that music player that you have which isnt getting connected to the pc. You can also try to go to device manager and check for any portable device icon and right click and update its driver and this way the mp3 player will be recognized.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"