Thread: IPod Touch 3rd Gen freezes up and is laggy

IPod Touch 3rd Gen freezes up and is laggy

I have recently purchased apple ipod touch. I ahev bought my ipod touch 3rd generation from costco about few months back. My ipod touch has an 8 GB memory. It was working absolutely fine till few days back. I had downloaded few applications and it started lagging just after that. I had downloaded applications like tiny wings, conquest and freeappking. I have not jailbroken my ipod. I would like to know why does my ipod sometimes freezes up and has become so laggy. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: IPod Touch 3rd Gen freezes up and is laggy

I would like to ask you that do you use safari on your ipod? Do you have many tabs open in safari? If yes then let me tell you that many tabs use a lot of RAM. So I would suggest you to close them. I would say that try to reset your ipod once. This will clear your ipod memory. For this I would say that, hold the home+ power button till you sees that the ipod turns off and then repeat. I think this will surely fix the lagging issue that you are facing. I hope that it resolves this lagging issue. All the best.

I think this problem that is troubling is caused by the application that you have recently installed as you said. But it is hard to say that. I would say that make sure that you are not running many applications at once. Many applications running east lot of ram and make the ipod to work slow and even sometimes to freeze.

I would say that try to restore the ipod to factory defaults but remember to backup all the data before you do this. If the problem persists then I would say that you must take the ipod to the apple store. If the lagging and freezing problems goes off then it was the application which was causing this problem.

I would request you to follow these steps that I am going to mention. This will resolve the issue of freezing and lagging for sure.

• First try to free up space on your ipod

• Then restore your ipod by putting it into DFU mode and connecting it to itunes and selecting the restore option.

Then you may backup your ipod with itunes and it should not be laggy anymore. I hope it helps. If doesn’t then kindly let me know.

I had bought an ipod last year. I had many applications installed in it. I had very less space left on the ipod because of applications. I had also not jailbroken it. Then later I took my ipod to the store and I got it jail broke. After doing this my lagging problem went off. So I would suggest you try to jailbreak your ipod. It will certainly help as far as I think.