Thread: Keypad not working on Blackberry 8520

Keypad not working on Blackberry 8520

Suddenly the keyboard of Blackberry 8520 ha stopped working. I am not able to do anything on that. The phone was working fine but somehow there was a problem with the keypad and it failed to work. I am not able to figure out why this thing happened. I am not able to do anything. I want some help here to fix the issue. Is there a way through which I can start the keyboard back again.

If it is some kind of hardware problem then there is no way you can fix it. You have to carry it to the service center. The most you can do is simply run a fully factory restore by going in the setting. But for that also you have to use the keyboard. Just switch off the phone by removing the battery for sometime and then connect it back again. I think that will be quiet enough to fix the problem. Most of the time this will work. But if not then you have to take to the repair shop.

Re: Keypad not working on Blackberry 8520

I had tried many things but nothing worked. I took the phone to a mobile shop. The guy there said that the keyboard is damage. It is not going to work. And he is asking too much for the replacement. As the phone is out of warranty I am thinking of repairing it. I am still trying to find some other solution. I hope this would work on its own. And if not then I will have to get a replacement.