Thread: 8520: Facebook for Blackberry still not working

8520: Facebook for Blackberry still not working

I just brought new blackberry curve 8520 phone, i have internet connection to my phone through wifi. i want to use Google and other website on my blackberry phone i have just downloaded Facebook application on my mobile but it is not working with my phone. I want to know the solution for this and what can be the reason for facebook not working? Is there any applications which my Blackberry curve 8520 does not support?
    Last edited by Colton; 20-09-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Re: 8520: Facebook for Blackberry still not working

It may be issue with your wi-fi connection, you need to setup your wi-fi and need to synchronize it with your blackberry. Your problem will be solved once your phone's connection is synchronize with the wi-fi just save it after which you will defiantly able to connect to the internet and access facebook.

You can install facebook application from application world of the blackberry circle just select the link which will take you to the link from where you can download the application. You have to make sure that the browser configurations are set to blackberry for proper installation. just click on facebook icon for loading it into your blackberry.

It may be because of the the wi-fi you are using is bit slow so you are unable to view that page or it might happen that you are not able to open it. This can be resolved when you contact to your service provider they will help to sort this problem related to the facebook or any other internet problem. Also you can go to the official website to load the setting for it.

I was having the same issue with my phone but after properly configuring it to proper setting the problem is resolved and now I am facing new problem with FB that app doesn't receive notifications. I can view my friends, change my status, upload pictures etc...but if I get a new wall post or friend request, nothing happens.

Your problem is because of your email is not linked(the one FB has) with your blackberry therefore notifications such as friends request, and messages don't get to you. To solve this problem just Log into facebook Click account Under account see what "contact email" says. Which even it is your blackberry needs to be tie to. Go your BB and click "add email" and add that email address (the one you looked up on FB). This can help you to fix the problem.

There can be another option but it may not be useful as you have to delete FB on my BB once in a week , then reinstall it. The only problem with this is that it deletes everything on my BB calender, even though I have FB set NOT to snyc to my BB calender.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"