Thread: How to install OS6 on Blackberry bold 9810 ?

How to install OS6 on Blackberry bold 9810 ?

Hi i have recently bought a new mobile and that’s Blackberry bold 9810, and in that i running older version’s operating system but i am very keen to know that whether we can install OS6 in this mobile or not?

Is there any user who had tried this ever before? I even don't know what could be the benefits that i will get with the newer version but still i am very eager to have this, but let me tell you as i am very noob at this end who don't know even how to update the firmware thus please if the software is available please let me know about this.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: How to install OS6 on Blackberry bold 9810 ?

I wondering because you have gotten the older version installed in your mobile but still as far as i know BlackBerry 9810 comes up with the OS 6.1 installed by default. But still you should check whether surely you are having previous version or you are actually not aware about the version that you are using, thus according to me just make sure that which version of software you are using but as a good news let me tell you as you can surely installed the version that you have mentioned in the title.

Yeah I am also agree with the above user as you can surely installed the version that you have mentioned as the phone has very good capable hardware to load this firmware.

But as you have mentioned that you don’t know about the upgrading firmware you should try to contact the Bb support center for further assistance.

See I am agree with the above user as you should make it firmware updating through the support center only, but still if you want to do it on your own, I mentioning some of the steps that you can carry out in order to install os6 in your mobile.

1. First of you need to have the firmware, as you should download it first. After that you need to have app loader as well as desktop manager and if you don't have then you can download it from the internet and then install it in your PC.

2. After installing that connect your mobile to the PC and open apploader and then you can select the update that you have downloaded. (you can make this update through desktop manager as well)

You can have another option as well, like you should try to make a search for the newer firmware whether it is available or not, this is also called as OTA update, thus if the software would be available then you can update it from there as well and no need to have any such software as well.

Yeah off course you cna install the firmware in the mobile in fact i have done the same thing and thus i woudl like to tell you about the feature that i have noticed after installation.

Social feed and views : See all your social and RSS feeds in one place and type an update once and send it to one, all or select networks.

quicker and richer web surfing: web Pages that you access loads quickly than ever before, and tabbed browsing make you open more websites at once.

worldwide search: Now you can search everything on your smartphone at once.

Engaging to multimedia: Get a streamlined experience with album art, new camera modes with multiple kind of sharing availability.

perceptive, fluid design: shiny visuals, simple multitasking and elegant organization.

Any idea where is the support center that I can visit in Mumbai?

See you can visit the website that I am mentioning over here.

http://in.blackberry.com/support/servicecentres.jsp

as you open the site you have to provide some credential and it will list you number of support center that you can visit.

And really its better to go there and do this updating.

I think you are not aware about the BlackBerry OS 7, if not then let me tell you that your device supports that as well so though you visit the service center ask them about this version, and if possible have this one in your mobile.

I am not using the same mobile but in one of the review I had heard about this, and the better information would be given by them only.