Thread: applications available to clean up the home screen of HTC desire.

applications available to clean up the home screen of HTC desire.

Recently I have purchased an android phone for myself. Is it true that if you compare iOS and even Windows Phone 7 with the android phone, android phone lacks aesthetic appeal? I don’t like the home screen of the android phone as I think everything is quite messed up. Sometimes I feel I should sell this phone and get another phone and not android especially for the home screen. There is array of icons, widgets, and folders scattered among on the home screens. Is there any way to clean up the android phone home screen? I want to know it as early as possible. Kindly help me. Any suggestions given would be highly appreciated. Thank you

re: applications available to clean up the home screen of HTC desire.

I think you should get custom launcher like ADW.Launcher from the internet. Get it downloaded from the internet. As you have mentioned using these applications your desktop would look quite arranged. It will allow you to choose everything from the number of home screens you have, you will have set for quick access on your dock. It helps the home screen look clean.

Try going for SiMi Folder Widget. It is free in the market. You can visit any android store and get this application from there in free of cost. SiMi Folder Widget gives us the ability to choose a custom icon, hide the name of the folder which usually appears under the default icon. Most importantly it also reduces the amount of clutter on your screen.

Well according to me there is no option accept factory setting that can clean up the homescreen. Remember that resetting would make you lose your applications installed in the android operating system. you can try installing Froyo application but I am not sure whether it would clean your homescreen or no. but you can certainly google about it on the internet.

Re: applications available to clean up the home screen of HTC desire.

I would suggest you to take your android phone to any nearby mobile store. They will guide you very nicely. Ask them to provide you some applications or some ways to clean up the homescreen. They might provide you some applications for free of cost. There are many applications but I am not sure as I am using an apple iphone.