Thread: hp touchsmart iq 775 screen becomes dark

hp touchsmart iq 775 screen becomes dark

Well recently I have purchased a new hp touchsmart iq 775 desktop for my home. My system is working very fine. But there is a problem while using it. When my system is on and kept idle for some time, the screen of the desktop turn’s dark. It looks as hive it is gone in the sleep mode. I have noticed that the screen becomes very dim. When I move the mouse or press any button, system responds but doesn’t wake up. I have made the power settings as never sleep or hibernate. When I press the window button and the right arrow button 3 times, the system shuts down. I can restart the system and then also system is fine. It restarts properly but again if I leave the system idle the screen turns dark again. The problem keeps repeating. I don’t know what to do? Is this the problem of the screen or is it like the screen getting damaged slowly? Kindly help!

Re: hp touchsmart iq 775 screen becomes dark

Click on the start button and then search for the power options. Select “change plan settings”, Change "Dim the display" to "Never" and "Turn off the display" to "Never" also "Put the computer to sleep" to "Never. Then save the settings and restart your system. I hope this problem of screen doesn’t happen again. Keep your system idle for some time and observe whether the problem is gone or not. I hope it works fine after doing this.

Well I faced this problem before with my system also. It is one of the most common problems generally faced by many of us. I think there is some hardware failure. As I think it couldn’t be a software failure but I am not sure. I think the problem could have been caused because of overheating. It has a tendency to affect the display. I think you should take your desktop to any hardware shop and get it checked. They will guide you properly

What graphics card have you installed in your desktop? I would suggest you to install the graphic drivers and the latest firmware. You can get them installed from the internet. For that first you need to download the drivers from the internet. For downloading visit official website and get it downloaded. Download the latest firmware and drivers. After downloading install the drivers properly. Make sure that first you uninstall any related drivers present in the system. After removing them install new drivers and then restart the system. I hope this will solve the problem.

Tell me what is your system configuration? Also let me know the operating system you are using. As far as I see that it is the problem of the screen. There is a chip present in the screen which I think you need to replace it. Replacing the chip would surely resolve the problems. You can call the customer service people to guide you further.

Well I think first one is that you try to adjust the brightness of the screen from the settings. I am sure that you may have tried this because this is a very basic thing that one should consider in this case. Other reason for this may be the video card. I think it must have got corrupted. Try to fix this issue by entering to the video setting when connected to any external monitor.

My suggestion would be go to the power management and see for the advance option for energy saving feature. Your Windows may be diming the screen brightness to save the power. Disable the power saving option and see the result. You should also check the power management. I think that by mistake the brightness of your screen is set to lower value and that is why you are getting the dim or dark display. Just go to the power management and see for the settings for the brightness of the screen and set that value according to your need.