Thread: Don’t use BIS email id to set up BlackBerry ID

Don’t use BIS email id to set up BlackBerry ID

Recently when I tried to change blackberry id password from blackberry website but something goes wrong and now I won’t able to login in to by blackberry account so I then reset my password with confirmation about the password has been sent to email . But my e mail address will work only in my smart phone because I am using Verizon BIS address i am not getting the e mail with the link you need to click this Is because for the security reason the reset mail will not be delivered on to your Smartphone . Got stuck now because I am not able to get online with my play book its prompt for password every time and I don’t have it yet.

Re: Don’t use BIS email id to set up BlackBerry ID

It’s fair enough that you got annoyed about not be able to use blackberry ID but it make perfect sense for security point of view thinks about if anyone found your phone and you are not aware about it then that person can easily get into your appworld all he has to do reset your password via email and he will easily use you blackberry ID as email will directly get into your Smartphone email application inbox so convenient. So to avoid all this situation Blackberry dose not sent password reset mail to phone it self

You are not the only person sufferings from this problem I also bearded it once and after calling tech support for playbook and the long hour of talking they given me solution that if create a new blackberry id and associate with same purchase info as the old blackberry id then my apps would be get associated with my new id but it would required a security wipe up on the playbook. This technique worked for me as all the apps I had purchased are showing when I am log in trough my new blackberry id .

This is so right and for the sake of those who don’t understand that why can’t why he needed to create a new blackberry ID I would like to explain why it is so the issue is that RIM’s app resetting set the password recovery mail to the e mail address which is used while creating blackberry id now id you are using BIS account and you device is not operational you don’t have any option left how to check and retrieve the email for the password .so the only way to get back you apps you have to follow the method mention here

This is so stupid they need to allow changing the email address. Say if someone using the email id given to him from his work place and say if he change his job to another organization need to change his email address . because the old company might close his e mail address . well I did use my vzw.blackberry.com e mail don’t know why but I guess because its blackberry now I will never have to forget my password or if somehow I do then I also have to follow you all league . This process is very annoying

Guess then I will only use my blackberry.net address as palace to forward emails to other email addresses which I wanted to monitor form blackberry may be I give is as a pager address . I don’t want to provide any important e mail addresses which is tied to something that dose change as my phone service provider or you should do is never use it and don’t bother to set it up so that so you will not use it . I think I will use this method its look safe