Thread: Can we have the internet access while been on call with HTC myTouch 4G Slide ?

Can we have the internet access while been on call with HTC myTouch 4G Slide ?

Hi, I have been using the HTC myTouch 4G Slide from last couple of days, and I used to use internet on the phone and the thing that I noticed with that was like the internet connection just loses during the period when we been on call. So is it suppose to be, or I am having some problem with my mobile? And what is the problem, why we can’t use the internet during attempting a call as well, any suggestion would be appreciated

Re: Can we have the internet access while been on call with HTC myTouch 4G Slide ?

This is the obvious thing and not only with your mobile but this is supposed to be happen with all the mobile phone having a data modem, and this is not only with the phone calls but whenever you send the SMS even you’ll lose the connection for a while and it would connect again with the network after sometime. But the surest thing is like you are not having any problem in your mobile for sure.

Re: Can we have the internet access while been on call with HTC myTouch 4G Slide ?

I am agree with the above user, but still I have found very annoying another problem with my phone, as I know that obviously we will lose the internet connection but still what’s the problem with the Bluetooth? Whenever we transfer any file and if suppose anybody calls me it just distort the Bluetooth connection. but I think if you are using the internet through the WIFI than you’ll not have any problem during the calls even.

See it is actually depends on the network provider as well, I mean to say there are many operator whose network allows us to been on internet during the calling as well, and some of them doesn’t allow this facility. I am not sure where you stay but I stay in Mumbai and if I give you the Example about the here’s operator so the docomo doesn’t provide this facility but I can access the internet when I uses the Vodafone carrier. So according to me you should make sure whether your supplier supports this facility or not.

I know about the fact that we can not use the internet while we are attempting any call but still the concerning thing is like this is happens only when we use the phone as a data modem, but I uses to connect the phone with the WIFI so there should not be any problem, isn’t it? so any idea what could be the problem why I am having such a annoying dilemma? Anyways thanks for the above suggestion.

You are right but still you should check whether you are having a proper working connection or not, because if you don’t have a working connection then also it might be possible that you are not able to access the internet. so I would say you should try to check that first, and if you are still having the same problem then you should contact your ISP first about this. And as the extent to I know if we use Edge we can’t surf the internet and converse at a time, whereas if you are on 3G or 4G you can do this for sure.