Thread: Need Apple Macbook Pro case

Need Apple Macbook Pro case

I got a new 15" Mac book Pro and I don’t want my new notebook to get all scratched up. Hence I am looking for a protective case. I came across lots of plastic cases either they have a sluggish fit or it’s so hard that it gives more scratches than protecting it. Does anyone know of any product or place where I can buy it? Or does somebody know of another skin that may be as good/better?

Re: Need Apple Macbook Pro case

I bought an I-carbons skin for my Macbook pro, it cost me around $40 for it, and it’s material is similar to carbon fiber but its available stick on for back, top & keyboard, it looks great, wasn’t that hard to put in, I will try to post some links in a week, I like it a lot, it safe and doesn’t make my notebook heat up like the plastic case cover I used to use earlier, and I put it on without any bubbles, I used a hair dryer to get the edges to stick properly, if you wish you can check out I-carbons, good quality and make give it a try you will love it.

I had bought these insanely good-looking skins from icarbons I was pretty happy with it but recently at a cafe while having coffee I accidentally dropped my notebook of the table the screen was pretty much okay but the side where you have your Ethernet port was a little bent as the skin which I had put didn’t give any protection on the sides. Hence I was wondering what I can do to protect the sides, does anyone know any product that gives protection on the sides??

Hello guys I have searched the net and I found two companies that offer good skins for Mac laptops. One is a company named icarbons and the other one is Bodyguardz. Icarbons is good looking and is good quality but doesn’t provide protection on the sides, and on the other hand Bodyguardz products are not that snazzy looking but are very sturdy in built and has anodized coating which is more resistant to scratches. So if you want you can choose the one which you are comfortable with.

If you want a case/cover for scratch protection & not breakage or physical damage protection, than I think you should go with carbons. In the event you are going for physical damage protection, I would say that Bodyguardz offer a far better protection from scratches to petty falls on which sides are the most vulnerable area to being scratched, other than the bottom of the case (that you don't see), so side protection is probably worthwhile. In which the anodized coating is resistant to which again Bodyguardz has to offer!

Thank you for your suggestion sides are a big problem I had a cover a nice looking one but dirt got in the case from the side sand made so many scratches without my knowledge, hence protecting the sides will be a good options, I get it now looks do matter but safety first. That’s why I have decided that I will go with Bodyguardz. Thank you for all your suggestions. Thanks Mate. Cheers.