Thread: Lenovo thinkpad T410 unable to charge

Lenovo thinkpad T410 unable to charge

Hi, I have bought a second hand thinkpad from my friend, and it seems that I have made a mistake, it was working perfectly till yesterday but when I was trying the get it charged yesterday it was not able to powering up, so after the remaining battery usage it is completely shut off and I am not able to get it start again. And I am not very much familiar with the laptop and their hardware so I am not able to figure out what is the actual problem in the machine, so please help me with this. any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Lenovo thinkpad T410 unable to charge

As you have mentioned that the machine is actually older so it’s really quite difficult to figure out where is the actual problem. but still I would say you should try to remove the battery out of the machine and then keep it outside only for at least 10 to 15 minutes and then reconnect the battery again to the thinkpad, and then try to plug it with the charge and see what is happening.

I am agree with the above user as you should make sure that all the parts are working perfectly, as there might be some problem in the battery or the charger or the outlet that you use for charging or might be any serious damage in the internal circuit as well. And the main thing is to figure out where is the actual problem. see you should try to get another charger for charging the laptop, with different outlet as well, but still if suppose you are not able to charge the machine that means there is some problem in the battery itself.

You should try to charge the battery with the external charger, as that you’ll get from the hardware shop. And for that first of all you must have to remove the battery from the machine and then charge it, it suppose the battery isn’t able to charge that means there is some problem in the battery only, but if suppose the battery get charged you need to test the machine as there might be some problem in the charging IC as well.

If suppose you are still having the problem you should try to charge the machine with the help of another cord, because once I was also having the same problem with my thinkpad, and at last after testing each and everything I came to know that there is some problem in the cord only that I was using. and after changing that I was able to charge it, and always remember one thing as the thinkpad that you have is older don’t empty the battery to its lowest as this may also cause the battery too be drained and won’t charge.

Thanks for the complimentary suggestions guys as I was also thinking the same as there is some problem with the internal circuit only as I have tried to charge it through another battery as well but didn’t charge, in fact I test the battery as well it also working perfectly. So the last thing remain is the circuit only, but I have doubt as shall I repair it form the local technician only or from the support center? Will I get the benefit of warranty?

See The basic thing is like you’ll get the benefit for sure if you haven’t exceeded the warranty period, or else you must have to pay there for repairing the hardware but the most important thing is like, if you repair it from there that would be better option and there would be less chance of happening the same, rather you’ll not get any guarantee that after repairing it from outside will not make this happen again.