Thread: Can Eee PC 1000x play 720p movies

Can Eee PC 1000x play 720p movies

I have just purchased a new EEE pc 1000x from my personnel use ,as I did not had a laptop before and wished that it was possible for me to use this one but , I guess that it was more cheap and better for me to buy a EEE pc as that was quite cheap and was very easy to use , though the screen is too small , but , I think that small screen is not making the video files play , I have been unable to play the 720 p videos on the 1000HE notebook , so please help me out .

Re: Can Eee PC 1000x play 720p movies

I might ask you just one thing that I would like to ask here, I have been having this for a while and I want to ask you if it was really possible to know which media player are you using, because that is the most important thing that matter s here, I moreover think that this problem is caused due to the competent codex file that the player cannot play.so as far as my experience is concerned that should be the problem

I have been using Easy peasy Linux 1.6 player for using the file on my notebook , but I guess it play every other file properly , but this 720 pixel movies is the only one that is causing me the problem as I can still hear the sound that is made ,but , I still cannot see the video that is been played there , I would rather like to tell you if there is a possible way to update this so that I could play this video file . So please help me out according.

I think you need to check playing the same file in some decent media player like the VLC or somewhat similar to it, I would rather like to use to the same with other things here , I was having the same problem before and was pretty not sure ly what was causing the problem was it the screen of the notebook , or was it the media player that was causing the problem , so I found out some way to figure this problem out , but changing the media player .

Hey mare ,I really don t’ think that it is the problem that is caused by the media player that you are using as I have the same make and model of the notebook that you are using and I have installed the VLC player on which is the best for playing video files , and you would be shocked to hear htat I have even played 1080 pixel video on the screen , without any lags or problem ,so it could be the codec problem that is made from the player that you are using .

I guess the video quality is too high to be supported by the notebook that you are using ,try playing any other file with the same 720 p quality and that mind just help you to notice what problem it has caused here , you can also search for some option for boosting the performance of the windows that you are using by some search on Google, I have done some for you , like you can use the GMA booster utility for better graphic support while you can always find new one ‘s by yourself .

Thanks for your help. That you gave me I presumption it has almost certainly something to do with Linux, which I am presently preparatory to know it. If i can’t get to the bottom of the problem perhaps I will try other distro latter, if can discover which one is the superlative for this net-book, I have read about jolicloud, looks good but i am frightened to lose a number of functionality.