Thread: How to change BIOS password in Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi

How to change BIOS password in Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi

One of my friends have changed many settings and also changed the settings in the BIOS. I obtained many of the settings back to its previous value but when I booted that then it is asking for the BIOS password. So I tried to change the password to put a new one (blank field) on that. I did and saved that. Now I found that the blank and the old password are not working for me. I tried three times and now it is blocked. Please help me so that I can change the BIOS password and solve this problem.

re: How to change BIOS password in Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi

There is one trick that can help you solve the problem. What you can do is just remove the CMOs battery from it and keep that as it is for some time and again insert that back into that. Now try to enter in the BIOS with the help of your old as well as your new password to see which one helps you to enter the BIOS. This is the first thing that you need to do in order to get it resolved. Thank you.

There are many same questions for different brands as well. I would like to tell you that the manufacturers are the only one who will be able to reset the BIOS and also they will remove the password for that. So just contact them and ask for the issue. You will have to send this to the manufacturer and you will get that back all solved. This is the best way that I can suggest you at the time and hope that this will help you.

There are a few BIOS manufacturers who have put the backdoor password. The backdoor password is the same as the normal BIOS password but it has nothing to do with the password that is set by the users. This password is used for testing and maintenance. Normally the backdoor password is getting changed time to time by the Manufacturers. If you can get that password then you will be able to reset the password for the normal users as well.

Each system stores the password of the BIOS at some place in the computer. If you are able to get admission to machine after it has booted profitably then you might be able to obtain the BIOS password. You must be on familiar with the memory address which stores BIOS password as well as the format in which that stock up the BIOS password. You can make your own program that will be able to read password intended for the BIOS CMOS memory on a PC through typing the address of byte of CMOS memory which you desire to read port 0 × 370, and after that read contents of port 0 × 371.

Re: How to change BIOS password in Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi

Since you cannot access the machine following it has been powered up, it is still feasible to get past the BIOS secret word. The BIOS secret word is saved in CMOS memory that is looked after while the PC is powered off by a minor electric storage device, which is connected to the motherboard. In the event that you evacuate this electric storage device, all CMOS info (incorporating the BIOS watchword) should be lost. You will should re-drop in the right CMOS setup data to utilize the machine. The machines manager or user should most obviously likely than not be cautioned when it is found that the BIOS watchword has been erased.

Re: How to change BIOS password in Acer Aspire 5002 WLMi

You ought to have the capacity to uncover how to reset the BIOS watchword archived in most RTC (Real Time Clock) chips by perusing the producers information sheet for that RTC. Some RTC's, for example the Dallas DS1287 and TI benchmarq bq3287mt cannot be cleared. The result to resetting the BIOS secret key on frameworks with those RTC's is to buy a shift RTC chip.