Thread: HP Pavilion dv7-3188cl fan cooling error 902

HP Pavilion dv7-3188cl fan cooling error 902

I had bought a new hp pavilion dv7 notebook and I am having the problem with the boot up and it give me the error stating 902 error with fan and when I’m trying to access the bios or trying to go to windows 7 I got only 1 option to shut down. I had even spoken to hp technical support and they say guide me to fix but it doesn’t help me out to get rid from this problem. Does anyone know the solution regarding this? Please help thanks in advanced.

Re: HP Pavilion dv7-3188cl fan cooling error 902

Even I was having the same problem and I had took the laptop to the local technician rather then shipping it to the hp and they had back my system and then clean my pc by blowing the air on the bottom of the note book and its started working normally and now I don’t need to update my bios too. Well I dint get any help from the hp technical support and they were just telling to send the laptop to the service center rather than providing the proper solution.

Most probably that error comes due to overheating and which is related to the cooling of the processor and main cause is the fan as the fan take the air from the bottom and blow it out from the side which may cause the dust to get struck on it and later it form the layer which cause the fan to blow the cool air to the processor and even make the fan to work slow due to which the system get over heated. I think that’s the reason for which hp technical support told you to give it to the service center.

What I advise is to get some canned air and blowing out the air on the side and bottom of the laptop and after doing this if you still persist with the problem then you must take the laptop to the HP Authorized Service Center and ask them to clean the fan and even the heat sink and you can even search for the maintenance manual for your specific model. You can easily clean the fan by removing the motherboard and even remove the heat sink and apply a new layer. Well don’t do this if your laptop is under warranty as it may void your warranty.