Thread: Charger hole not working in HP Probook 4515s

Charger hole not working in HP Probook 4515s

Hi, I own a HP Probook 4515s and it has a charging problem, as I mount the cord in the charger hole it just falls out often. As the port became too loose, so I am not getting because of that only like whether the problem is in my charger or the laptop or the battery because however I am not able to charge the laptop, so what next shall I do in order to get it charge again? do I purchase any of the required accessories? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Charger hole not working in HP Probook 4515s

See, I was also having the problem with my notebook, though it was not from the HP but still I was not getting what is the actual problem, and as you have mentioned, you must have to buy any of the thing which is not working but before that you need to check whether it is really working or not you can try to test it by charging another machine with it, and if suppose that machine is also not getting power, then surely you can have the charger.

Charger is the problem for sure, as that Is not connecting, you might have to look after the battery as well, because it might be possible that the battery got drained wholly and because of that only it is not charging, so as according to me you should charge the battery through any external charger, if that is working perfectly, than there is no problem in the battery for sure, but as to fix the charger problem you need to by another cord as well.

According to me none of the things are not voided but you should check that though, but as you have mentioned that the charger hole became loose, you need to fix it as soon as possible because without fixing that you’ll not be able to charge the laptop through the cord rather you have to use the external charger. Let me ask you that have you disassemble it ever before? If yes then some the part won’t be fitted properly so you need to disassemble it again, and fir the port as it was before, and see whether you can charge it or not.

If you are still having the problem you should try to visit the service center, because as the above user mentioned, the port would be loosen so if you know how to fit it again, you can do it on your own also, but if you don’t know then at that time service center is the best option to get the solution. and if suppose there might be any damage in the hole you have to pay for that as such a physical damage doesn’t not come beneath the warranty.