Thread: Error MXM structure not found in Aspire 5720Z

Error MXM structure not found in Aspire 5720Z

I was having a aspire 8400M GS but that pieces not dead and I had got the replacement and got a 9600m which is having a 512mb ddr2 ram and everything is working normal but when my laptop starts for about 30seconds it gives an message from bios stating that mxm bios data structure not found . Can anyone suggest me what maybe the cause of these problem. Please help me regarding this I’m bit confused thanks in advanced.

Re: Error MXM structure not found in Aspire 5720Z

It show me the same error while booting the system saying mxm structure not found and it is asking for adding the mxm structured which is associated with the call back and the post halt the performance until it get resolved and after 31minutes it getting started normally. To persist this problem I had copied my bios with the gpu-z .I think it needs some modification. If you know then only try to edit the BIOS file by eliminating the post message or by beep.

It is the problem with the bios patch you can get a new patch for your bios by downloading the ticket and it usually contain more MXM fix shuch as an extra menus and even the extra menu which usually unlocked the hw virtualization. Make sure that you are getting the system bios patch and not the viseo bios patch. And you can even flash the bios by making use of insydeflash or by flashit.exe method. And make sure that it is untested.

If the file is for the system bios then 5520 will usually have a different MXM structured which is going to be embedded in the bios and for that you just need to alter that just to identify the mxm v2.1 and it will going to fix the error and be sure that it is having everything what it required for it specification and be careful about your 5720g actually it checks the string before it get returned to the mxm structure pointer. For that you just need to adjust the code so that it easily finds the new structure.