Thread: Terminal Emulator in Huawei Ideos S7

Terminal Emulator in Huawei Ideos S7

I’m having Huawei IDEOS S7 which is a having Android 2.1 running tablet with the UMTS connectivity. It also have a 768MHz processor with 2 megapixel front camera, Wi-Fi, GPS and Bluetooth it also supports up to 32GB microSD memory cards. I had installed a terminal emulator but when ever I’m trying to do the permission is denied. Don’t know what may be the cause of the problem as everything is just working well can anyone suggest me to how to terminate this problem.

Re: Terminal Emulator in Huawei Ideos S7

Well even I was having the problem with the terminal emulator. I don’t have a android sdk which had being installed on my personal computer. Well when I check my device manager it is showing my ADB device correctly. Well I had tried bringing my cmd and sd and sdk in the tools folder and run the android.bat but I was not getting the SU in the terminal emulator should I do that with my pc. I had got the root explorer and had not got the permission and was able to mount the R/W. I don’t know what I need to run and where I should type those commands. Where should I go thought the command prompt just to open the adb shell with the Huawei Ideos S7 form my personal computer. Or something else is the problem with it.

Just check your root explorer setting if it is ok then you are able to do what you want in the terminal application and if you’re having the sdk installed then you can easily make a use of of adb as the adb program run only through the command line in the nix box so just try to run it with the cmd.exe. and just check if the directory layout is same and if so then it should be in the sdk folder. Which is inside the folder called as platform-tools.

Just check for the nix boxes which could be inside the platform tools. Well I had used an sdk in the windows so I think I would be wrong you must search for the adb.exe and just check whether you are getting it or no. if you found that then run it with the help of shell as the command argument. If everything goes well then I’m sure that you will be able to connect to the Huawei Ideos S7. But before doing that you just need to turn on the USB debugging which you will get inside the Development on the Huawei Ideos S7. Well my Huawei Ideos S7 is opening the adb shell session which is an non root user so for that I had run SU as my first command and it get off.

Well I dint saw the adb.exe in the tools folder but I got it inside the platform tools which is in the tools folder. After that I had used the SU and after hitting enter on it Huawei Ideos S7 asked the permission about it and I had notice that the $ had being changed to the # sign which I think the setup had being completed but I thing I’m getting the error on my pc with the mknod entry showing the busy box not found. But when I check the titanium backup it shows busybox had being installed I don’t think so I need it on pc.

Ye right you just need it in the tablet might be the problem with the busybox which had not being installed at the proper path in your environment. Well I don’t have the titanium backup loaded in my pc. But check on net if you are having the titanium backup then you need to search where it put the busybox and once you got it then you just add it at the beginning of the command argument and it will surely work for you.

I had also got the problem with the busybox but I had remount the system rw before installing the busybox else the titanium installer will be going to exists without installing it. Well my terminal emulator is not showing the history when I’m scrolling the tackball upward but I think it fixed after uninstalling and installing it again. Well I had a good experience with the terminal emulator on the Huawei Ideos S7 and was able to connect it on pc and used the ADB thought the cmd.