Thread: My Amazon Kindle have faulty screen

My Amazon Kindle have faulty screen

Friends, I have recently bought my Amazon Kindle last week and today I found that the screen was showing lines on that. It was like scratches but it is not like scratch as it is not physical scratch. It is just showing me many vertical and horizontal lines on the display. I hope you can understand that what I am saying. So please suggest me something that can help me to resolve the problem. I cannot do anything to this as I can’t see anything on that.

Re: My Amazon Kindle have faulty screen

I think that there is some minute crack in your screen and for that reason you are getting those lines on the screen. As the crack may be very minute so that is not visible to you. You can just contact the Amazon and they will fix that issue. But if that is physically damaged then it will not be taken under warranty. They will charge you for that but it will be repaired properly. This is the best way that I can recommend you.

If it is not physically damaged and you are getting the issues like this then I think kit is the problem from the manufacturer. As you recently bought it so I am quite sure that this is under warranty. So you can go to the dealer from where you bought that and see if they can help you in any way. If they cannot help you then you can directly contact the Amezon for that and they will fix the issue if this is from the manufacturer.

I agree that this is because of the cracked screen. The crack itself is the curved line going across between the two "page down" buttons the lines across the rest of the screen are as a result of the damage to the matrix of wires on the screen. It's quite possible that when it first cracked, the matrix was only slightly damaged but the inevitable flexing of the screen at the crack damages more of the wires. This is not the manufacturing fault.

I would like to tell you that Amazon have a very good track record at replacing damaged Kindles, and are unlikely to pursue the cause of the damage too closely. So before doing anything else with it, you can simply contact to the Amazone and I am sure that you will get the best help from them. If this would be the case with me then I would have done the same. I hope it will be resolved soon.