Thread: Unable to use WIFI in LG Optimus T due to windows XP firewall

Unable to use WIFI in LG Optimus T due to windows XP firewall

Hello friends I have recently bought LG Optimus T mobile in which I am using Android froyo version. This mobile is very nice and I like it because Android market from which I can download lots of applications. My mobile was working perfectly with my laptop and I was able to use the internet my mobile and laptop through WIFI which is connected with WIFI router. I was using windows vista in my laptop and that time was not getting any problem with that. Now after that I have give laptop to my sister and now I am using another laptop having windows Xp but now I am not able to connect the internet. Windows is showing me the message that Windows firewall blocked an unsafe connection. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Unable to use WIFI in LG Optimus T due to windows XP firewall

According to me you have to first check that is your windows XP is really blocking the connection or not. Because some time if you have enabled the firewall then you can get this kind of problem. So first check in your windows firewall setting whether your connection is blocked or not? if it is blocked then you have to change it and allow that connection and after that try to use the WIFI. I think after doing that you will be able to connect the WIFI.

I want to ask you that are you trying to using your WIFI as hotspot or you are trying to connect the Wi-Fi through your USB data cable. If you are trying to use the WIFI through USB data cable then you will need to check whether you have installed the LG Drivers for the Optimus-T. if you have not installed then first of all you have to install it. After installing that driver you will be able to use the WIFI in your mobile and laptop easily. I hope this idea will fix your problem.

If you don’t know from where to get the LG Drivers for the Optimus-T driver then I will help you with it. you can download the drivers from LG official site. First you have to visit the LG official site and after that you have to select your mobile phone and after that download the drivers from that page. Now after downloading the driver restart the laptop and after that try to connect the WIFI again. I think after installing the driver you will not get any issue.

I think you have to do these steps to fix this problem. First of all you have to open the control panel in your windows XP and after that you have to select the classic view in control panel. Now after switching to classic view you will find the firewall option. Now open the firewall and then you have to select the advance tab now there check the in the box of your internet connection and then click on the ok and after that your WIFI will start working normally.

I was facing the same problem with my phone also and after that I have tried to solve it by doing the firewall setting but after that also I was facing the same problem and after that I have done windows repair in my laptop and after repairing the windows all the things started working normally and now I am able to use the WIFI without getting any issues. I think you should also try this solution and after that you will not get any problem. if you want more help then let me know.

I have tried to solve this problem ny doing the setting with my firewall but after doing that also I didn’t get any result and after that I have read your post and then I have insert my operating system CD in my system and after that I have repaired my operating system. Now after doing that I am not having any problem with my WIFI and my mobile. I would like to thank you for all the help and information which you have provided to me.