Thread: Sound is not working on Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

Sound is not working on Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

I am facing one problem in my Lenovo ThinkPad T420s laptop. The problem is regarding sound. Volume in my laptop is very low. I was using windows vista in my laptop and after that I have formatted my laptop due to virus issue and after that I have reinstalled the windows vista in my laptop. After doing that I am facing this problem with my laptop. if anyone facing the same problem and have solution regarding that then please let me know.

Re: Sound is not working on Lenovo ThinkPad T420s

As you have said that you are facing this problem after reinstalling the windows vista then I think you have to first check that your all the sound setting is proper and you have to also check that your volume is not low. Now after doing that if you still facing the same problem then try to solve the problem by reinstalling the driver. First uninstall the driver and after that restart the laptop and then install the driver in your laptop. Sometime reinstalling the driver can fix this kind of issues.

I have gone through your issue and I think you can solve this problem by downloading the updated driver in your laptop and after that install that driver in your laptop. As far as I know updating the driver will fix your problem. Before you install the updated driver in your system you have to first make sure that you uninstalled the previous sound driver from your laptop. Because if you direct install the new drivers then your driver may crash. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

If you are still getting the same problem after reinstalling the driver and also installing the updated driver then I think there is something wrong with your sound card. I will suggest you to that you should visit the service center and after that you have to tell about your problem in service center. in service center you will surly get the solution for your problem. If they found any issue with your sound card then it will get repaired there. I hope your problem will get solved as soon as possible.

As you have said in your post that my sound card is having some problem and I need to visit the service center, after reading that I have done same thing and I went to the service center after that. After that I have replaced my sound card and now all the things are working perfectly with my laptop and now I am very happy. in service center I get the quick solution. Thank you so much for giving me useful information and helping me to fix this problem