Thread: Need to restore iOS Device with Folder Organization Intact in iPhone

Need to restore iOS Device with Folder Organization Intact in iPhone

My frustration at losing the organization of its iPhone in a folder of the night. All hosted its iPhone applications had been scattered by the binder less. In his attempt to restore the process, he discovered the proper way to restore from iTunes to ensure your organization remains intact directories. It turns out that iTunes actually offers two types of restorations. The first is described above, is accessed by clicking the Restore button in iTunes' synopsis for the IOS device. The other is less clear that access it by right clicking on the IOS device in iTunes sidebar choose Restore Backup. In the dialog box that appears, explains, the latter process only restores your data and configuration, not the iPhone firmware or operating system. What dialogue is not noticed is that its third-party applications in fact remain on the phone, too.

Re: Need to restore iOS Device with Folder Organization Intact in iPhone

I had this problem a few times myself! I knew that there were two dissimilar restorations, but I did not know the exact difference, because I have a small number of applications that never bothered much. And if you contain a jailbroken iPhone and have installed infinifolders, resetting the phone and install all applications, reinstall resprings infinifolders they will automatically rearrange all the applications back to their original state.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who has not had this problem. I restored the iPhone DFU multiple iPads, and then select "Restore backup" applications always right back to where they belong. If you can ensure they do not touch the phone until it is completely finished its restoration and synchronization, applications are fine. I think you must try the same and hope it helps.

Has this happened to me and it bothered me wrong! I had gotten my new IPAD 2 on launch day, and lastly planned all the applications that were found and downloaded only for all that work gone because I had to change my IPAD as the display was faulty leaking! Fast forward to today and I'm in my third IPAD 2 with a defective screen and still cannot change it for one with a flawless display, as they all have a defective screen! I have to wait until they fix their offering visualization and quality control problem as recently reported until you change it to my 2 fourth IPAD just got one that is not defective!

I've never had this problem, as it always seemed obvious for me. Restore device clean fresh device and restore a previous backup does exactly what it says. Interest only - you did (like me) let the majority of restoration, but then cancel the music / sync photos thinking I could finish this later? Or to be repaid in full before disconnecting? You just need to be careful about this two things and I hope this solves the problem.

You can try to jailbreak if you do not mind. At first I thought it would have to reorganize everything myself. But as soon as I installed it again, I was surprised and happy! My Games folder is like 45 games on it like you have four original folders into one. I wish I had known this before, when synchronized my iPad 2 for the first time with my 1st generation IPAD backup. It only took about 10 minutes to get everything back into their respective folders, but still was a little upset. I think you should try it.