Thread: GM Bluetooth does not Sync consistently with my iPhone

GM Bluetooth does not Sync consistently with my iPhone

I have a 2009 Chevy Tahoe. The GM Bluetooth work well with my Android but my iPhone sometimes won't sync with it. Sometimes it works perfectly, other times, it will not sync. I tired restarting iPhone, updating the software and re-syncing the iPhone. Since the GM Bluetooth worked fine with other non-Apple phones, I think the trouble is with my Verizon iPhone. Other posts I have confirm that many others are having similar problems with Verizon iPhone syncing GM Bluetooth systems. Does anyone have any guidance or solution to this?

Re: GM Bluetooth does not Sync consistently with my iPhone

Since the Verizon iPhone is new, you may have to wait for some kind of software fix unless and until other user report it too. The Verizon and AT&T iPhones are different so I'm curious if any AT&T iphones have the same concern as your Verizon one. And also try upgrading GM Bluetooth Firmware or wait for some time. Apple or Verizon will address this problem and they will try to release fix for it as soon as possible.

I research this issue online and found that lot of people facing similar problem with this software version of Verizon iphone. I was hopeful that Apple would have addressed it for the Verizon phone, but I guess not. I think newer version of ios will fix this problem. I think apple will fix all bugs and will release ios version 4.3 in upcoming week. Verizon iphone containing new ios will not have any problem with GM Bluetooth.

In Beginning I thought it was a GM issue and went to talk with my dealer. They were really eager to work with me on this issue. They fixed my appointment with electronic techguru to work on it. After doing some research on internet I find it was apple problem. After hearing that I cancelled my appointment with techguru and was waiting for apple to announce the problem and release its fix.

After lots of research and two replacements this is what I have learned:
    1. Verizon iOS 4.2 has many recognized issues with Bluetooth (iOS 4.3 update will fix this problem.
    2. Bluetooth will work intermittently - turn off 3G and wireless will help
    3. Having the phone set up via Microsoft Exchange and syncing email, calendar, and contacts seems to make bluetooth work less frequently (or not at all)
    4. Most bluetooth headsets will display similar symptoms,

2011 Silverado. Same problem with iphone. Sometimes it would work, sometimes not. Figured out that whenever I had the phone plugged into the charger it wouldn't work. Disconnect from the 12V charger and restart the truck and it works fine. Seems like a bug in the software from iphone that causes the conflict. Anyway, can't charge the phone in the truck if you want to use the Bluetooth. Hope this helps.