Thread: Sony Vaio PCG-7144M I wanted to increase the graphics memory is it possible

Sony Vaio PCG-7144M I wanted to increase the graphics memory is it possible

Hello friends i am having Sony vaio PCG-7144M . it runs on windows vista operating system. i use the laptop for work as well as for gaming. It has got 2 GB graphics card and all the games runs smoothly without any lags or pauses. There is no issue with my graphics card, but there is a question in my mind. Is there any way to increase the memory of the graphics card, without replacing the graphics card itself. I mean to say is it possible to upgrade the memory of the graphics card, without physically changing it.

Re: Sony Vaio PCG-7144M I wanted to increase the graphics memory is it possible

I have read somewhere that by soldering and unsoldering the pins of video cards in correct pattern can let you change the memory of the graphics card. but the it was also written that, there is no guarantee whether the graphics card will work or have to throw it away. If it works then there would be some serious problem that you have to encounter. Not sure, whether the laptop will be able to power the graphics card or not. the card may get heated very quickly and may damage.

Hey your laptop has got so good specification. Graphics card with 2 GB memory capacity is enough to drive any high resolution game. Then why do you want to increase the memory of graphics card. Well if desire to do so then you have to remove and change the graphics card with another one having more memory capacity. As per my knowledge I know that you yourself cannot vary the memory capacity of graphics card. For this you have to change the entire card and install different card.

yes, it is true, if you want to upgrade the graphics card of your system then you have to physically replace it with the new one. But manually you cannot change the memory settings of Mobile IntelĀ® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M. it is the work of operating system to allocate or change the memory settings of the graphics card. In your Sony vaio, windows vista controls the graphics memory card as well as its memory settings. windows vista allocates approximately 1340 MB of memory in the graphics card. but the amount of memory allocation depends on the system RAM and the operating system.