Thread: Pimlical Initial Release for Android

Pimlical Initial Release for Android

Pimlico Software (which is essentially individual person, CESD) of Datebk6 Pimlical fame has at last released Android, which is synchronized through a separate Windows desktop through Google. A desktop Mac and Linux are also in the works, although no dates. Not in the Android Market, though, but it will be. He chose to release it as an apk on the first web site to see if there were any contingency support issues. This puts him in the hands of people who have moved Datebk6 Android.

Re: Pimlical Initial Release for Android

I cannot speak much for the reason that I have just installed and was not too familiar through Datebk6. Features and screenshots are on top of the official site. I will say, he manages to give a much richer control most all "implementation" of programs. Android requires version 2.2. I am trying it and did not mind giving CESD a few cash, particularly since you are the Gorilla Haven. I will place it head to head through Pocket Informant for a while and observe what I feel better.

I did not realize that Datebk and Pimlical were the similar type. In general, people seem to compare and contrast them (I guess on different devices), with Datebk generally measured the majority capable product. I know you wrote that were not very familiar with Datebk, but no idea what the differences are based on additional estimation, or documentation Pimlico? The fact that it has a desktop component is really appealing to me, but I'm not sure why "goes through Google."

In fact, until now, Pimlical has only existed as a Windows desktop. Android is the first portable version. Both were built from scratch. Currently, the desktop has more features than the version of Android for editing articles, but more and more of these features are moved to the portable version, according to the CESD. I cannot really respond to the comparison with Datebk6. Neither up till now nor have I tried the desktop - now synchronized with Google and Outlook (with link to company).

CESD felt Google was the way forward initially (and I agree with him), as has become the goal of universal synchronization for mobile. Even without an application from your handheld, you can view and Google Desktop creates calendar from any phone. Now you can improve things and has even raised the possibility of wireless synchronization to Pimlico Desktop, which he says is feasible but will be a lot of work. Android is not configured to sync only USB without much intervention of third parties, and in any case so far only works with specialized applications.

Subsequent to spending the day through Pimlical, together with the desktop version, I'm back to Pocket Informant. This is not consequently much since Pimlical is not excellent, it is. However, since I do things, PI is a better match for me for now. Note that a user was not at all Datebk6 and there was no reason for it - my day planner necessities are not as great. I'm very focused on the calendar, but I do not terribly complex planning. I'm not a big fan of GTD (I tend to think that is obsessed with things that give you the real thing done) and if I cannot follow what I have to do to score some notes resting on my calendar I tend to modify what I have to perform. So do not believe this a review of Pimlical. That actually needs to be done by someone who makes use of Datebk6.