Thread: How to perform factory data reset on Motorola Defy

How to perform factory data reset on Motorola Defy

My Brother gifted me Motorola Defy last month. It is working perfectly fine. But recently it has started up with troubles. I have come to know that we can set our default factory setting again by performing something known as Factory reset. So I wanted to know more about what is factory reset and how I can do this without facing much issue. It will be very helpful if someone give me the exact solution to perform factory reset. Please help me to solve my issue. Your suggestions will be appreciated for sure. Thank you in advance.

Re: How to perform factory data reset on Motorola Defy

By using the factory Data Reset tool we can easily remove everything that was imported, added or installed on the mobile device. You just have to remember that every data stored in the phone memory will be deleted permanently after using the factory reset feature. Mostly the data stored on the MicroSD card won’t get affected and deleted after performing this process. If you have an account in the MOTOBLUR server then all your information will be automatically backed up in the server. All the backed up data will be restored once you login to the server with your user name and password.

You can perform factory data reset by following the below steps:
    • Open the Application tray, which you will find on the display screen of your mobile. It is the circle like icon which is located in the middle at the right side of the display screen. Or You can even click on the Menu button on your main home screen.
    • Go to Settings and click on it.
    • Scroll down to the Privacy option and tap on it.
    • Now click on the Factory Data Reset option
    • Finally tap on “Reset Phone”
    • If you are prompted for any password (usually phone lock password) then enter the password and select the “Erase everything” option to confirm the process.

Thank you, friends for replying my most and helping me out. It was really kind of you people to make an effort to get help me resolve my issue. Thank you for those quick replies. The first reply really helped me get the brief knowledge about what the factory reset process actually is and how it is helpful to us. I even tried performing the process in second reply but was unable to perform it. Don’t know how but my phone is freezing a lot, thus making it impossible for me to perform the following task. Is there any other way to perform the factory reset? If yes then please help me performing the same.

You can do the following steps to perform a factory data reset:
    1. Switch off the mobile phone
    2. Simultaneously press and hold the volume button as well as the power button at the same time.
    3. When the triangle icon and the Droid icon is displayed on the screen, release the volume button.
    4. Now tap on the right-hand corner of the touch screen.
    5. A menu with Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock option will be displayed.
    6. Navigate to the on-screen menu and choose the “Wipe (data/factory)” option and tap OK button.
    7. Follow the on-screen instructions and select “Reboot System Now” and tap on OK.
    8. Wait for your mobile to restart.

It was really very kind of everyone of you, who made the effort to solve my problem, by removing some time to go through my thread and suggesting me the solutions. Your suggestions are truly and full-heartedly appreciated by me. They were very useful and helped me in solving my problem and successfully performing the Hard Reset of my Motorola Defy Smartphone. I liked the step by step explanation which you gave me in the previous post. Once again thank you a lot for helping a complete stranger like me. Please keep doing the good work.