Thread: How to reset to the factory version of Android in Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

How to reset to the factory version of Android in Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

I have been using Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 from last two months and liked it a lot. Recently I came across the news that it is possible to update the version of Android in my mobile to the higher version. So I upgraded the original version 1.6 of Android to 2.1 version of Android. But after updating, my mobile started malfunctioning. The Home button is not working. The touch screen does not respond sometimes. I am irritated with this now. Does anyone know how to undo the changes and get back the older version of Android in my mobile? Please help me.

Re: How to reset to the factory version of Android in Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

The problem must have occurred because your Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 is not supporting and is not compatible with the Android 2.1. I am not sure about this thing but according to me it is not possible to downgrade the phone’s Android version from 2.1 to 1.6. So the best possible solution for you will be to reinstall the newer version of firmware (Android 2.1) in your mobile. You should use the Update Service to perform the update in your mobile. It will be better if you take back up of your important data before performing the update.

You should try solving the problem by doing hard reset on your Sony Ericsson Xperia X8. It is always advised to take back up of your data before performing the Hard Reset.
    • First go to Main menu by tapping on the menu icon from the main home screen
    • Go to Settings and click on Privacy
    • Then click on the Factory Data Reset
    • Now tap the Reset Phone icon.
    • If prompted for password, enter it and then select Erase Everything option to confirm the process.

You can also try to perform the Hard reset by following the below steps:
    1. Switch off your mobile phone.
    2. Remove the battery out and then reinsert it.
    3. Now press and hold the left and the right buttons which are located beneath the display screen of your mobile.
    4. Hold the power button to switch on the mobile.
    5. To complete the Hard Reset in your Xperia X8, follow the on-screen instructions.
    6. The phone will restart once you are done with process.

I am not sure about this but there are few ways by which you can downgrade your mobile version from 2.1 to the original version of 1.6, but they are sort of illegal and can void your warranty. So it is recommended that you first run the Update Service and try to repair the firmware of your mobile before you actually so something that will void your warranty. Just visit the official website of Sony Ericsson and go the Support link. From there you can download the support service for your respective Sony Ericsson mobile and install it in your PC. Run the application and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Hey guys, Thank you all for your kindness. It was very helpful of your people to reply my post so quickly. Thanks for guiding me and to give me the detailed, step by step procedure to solve my problem. I performed the Hard Reset as you asked me to do, but seems like I missed something and nothing worked for me. So now I am planning to send my mobile for repair, directly to the Motorola Care Center. The Motorola Tech support will be the best people to fix the issue with my mobile. Just hoping that everything goes well and I get back my problem free mobile. Anyways once again thank you for your kind replies.