Thread: How to transfer music file to the Zen player so that album or folder stays together

How to transfer music file to the Zen player so that album or folder stays together

My latest Zen is really good, but the usability and software is terrible! Through my older MuVo I could just drag and drop my music using a Windows explorer window and the music would stay mutually as an album. Through the Zen, there is this ridiculous "rebuild" operation which jumbles my music into an unintelligible mess on the Zen. I have tried immediately dragging and dropping, and in addition have been trying through the Creative Centrale, but it seems like it takes a really big attempt to obtain my music onto the Zen in an organized technique. Can anyone inform me how to perform this?

Re: How to transfer music file to the Zen player so that album or folder stays together

My mp3 library is a bit mixed, so that several of my folders of music approach from various albums and a variety of artists. This was no difficulty through the MuVo series, since that mp3 player ignores the mp3 tag information and just plays things as they are prepared on top of the flash card. The Zen apparently tries to play smart and the "rebuild" actually organizes the whole thing by the tags, including the album tag. Creative apparently did not think that an option to "organize by folder" was worth adding to the firmware. Of course I could create playlists, however that is too much of a trouble. Luckily I found a freeware that lets me edit the entire tags of selected mp3 files so I am able to set all the album tags to the same for each folder. This is supposed to let me drag and drop my files from my computer in the direction of my Zen without them being scrambled on the reconstruct.

Re: How to transfer music file to the Zen player so that album or folder stays together

Directories have not anything to perform with the logical organization of audio tracks. The structure of your music library is supposed to be in tags inside audio files. I think that Creative has in use the right decision when organizing music by tags. When music files are correctly tagged they are very easy to organize. With tags you can search your music by genre, author, year, and artist. There is not a single hierarchy on the audio files. You can use tags to add cover art too if you want. Of course, if you are accustomed to using directories to organize audio files that will play together, you will need a lot of playlists to emulate this behavior.

I can observe the point to the make use of tags, and I fully appreciate the idea behind arranging a library by album or type or artist. It is a great idea. And at the present that I know what is happening here and know how I can modify the tags through an extra freeware software that someone was nice enough to develop and make available I am cool with it. other than it seems strange to me that the choice to "organize by folder" is not incorporated since this is how things are done on tagless mp3 players like the MuVo and because if I determined to move things around and didn't recognize how to modify the tags, I would have to then define a lot of playlists which I observe as an unnecessary additional step.

After a not many days getting make use of to it I now like the idea of this way of carrying around an automatic way to organize the music files via albums, etc. It just took me by surprise at first; I had no thought what the Zen was doing with my music. Up to now so good, am quite happy with the Zen now. I find the sound quality excellent but I am using Skullbreaker headphones, not the ones that approach through the Zen, and boosting the bass up a little with the equalizer and the features it offers over the much more simpler MuVo is a pleasure, for example being able to navigate through my music.

Similar to you, I have every sorts of "compilation" folders which I have make use of in the past to burn CDs - usually that means a CD which I desire to listen to in the original order plus a small number of additional tracks tacked scheduled to the end. And I don't actually require Creative Centrale to 'manage' my music in support of me. I am happier moving things approximately myself through Windows Explorer etc. For the benefit of someone else who might run into the similar difficulty. I had a folder containing the entire the tracks of an album, and Creative Centrale said they were the entire correctly tagged with Album Name, Artist, Track Title, Genre, Year and Track number.