Thread: Nokia N8 Gives black screen when receiving or calling

Nokia N8 Gives black screen when receiving or calling

I am using the Nokia N8 mobile phone and using the same from last 5 to 6 months. And until now it has really served me a lot. But the thing which I am affected here is that whenever I make a call then the screen goes black I don’t know what is the reason behind the same. And after few days it was the same when I was receiving the call. Now when a call is coming on my cell I am unable to read the name of the caller. It has now really irritating me so please give me the best possible solution available.

re: Nokia N8 Gives black screen when receiving or calling

The first thing that comes in my mind is that have you installed any latest software or application or game on your phone. Because installation of this thing and that too from a untrusted source may harm the software of the phone and also the working of the phone. Now what you have to do here is that just try and identify what all software that you have installed on the phone in the recent period and if the there are any the please uninstall them. I think doing the same will definitely help you to solve the issue.

Proximity sensor is activated for incoming calls to avoid responding by accident when you are pulling the phone from his pocket. It was ever thus. If the sensor is not hidden, you should be able to see who is calling, right? It would make no sense if you could. Both had their phone repaired and is a great possibility that a mounting error and something is blocking. I hope this will give you a fair idea regarding the problem and nothing else.

When you put the phone to your ear or I can say that when you receive any call the proximity sensor to turn off the screen to save battery power with the phone at the time when you put the phone of your face. Does the camera in a case? I wonder if the case is perhaps hiding the proximity sensor that is beside the front camera? I am really not sure what’s wrong with the phone that you are using but still guess the issue is related to the Proximity sensor.

I think I can help you in this case because I have gone through such cases before. Well according to me in the display settings of yours there is the setting called backlight and when it is turned on for call alerts then you will definitely not get anything on the screen while the call is received. And this is also known as power management because if the call is active some users like to save the battery for long chats and I guess you have also check out the settings of yours and then see how it goes.