Thread: Cannot download apps with my droid

Cannot download apps with my droid

Hi all, I am having the Motorola droid with me and that is having the wifi, edge, and 3G. I am very happy with the phone but there is only one problem that I am facing with this and that, I am not able to download any of the apps from it. Whenever I try to download any of the app then it just hangs at download and I cannot complete the download process. I just get stuck at the point which says “Starting download”. I don’t know that what should be done to solve this problem. If you have any idea that how this issue can be resolved then please let me know about that. Thank you.

Re: Cannot download apps with my droid

I have one solution for this issue. I don’t know that what the logic is behind thins but it works in my case when I was having the similar problem. I just logged in the Google Talk and after that when I tried to download the apps then I found that it get downloaded without any problem. So you can also try in the same way and see if that can solve the issue for you as well. If it helps you then please reply back here.

Have you recently installed any app in your droid? I am asking this because it is also possible that the installed app is creating problem for the download. If that is the case, then you can try by uninstalling that app from your droid phone and then try to download again. I have seen the same problem with my friend’s droid where he installed the "Advanced Task Manager" and that was creating the issue. And after removing that app from his droid, issue gets resolved. I hope that it will do the same for you.

After looking to the issue, I think that this can be the temporary problem with the connectivity to the internet and so you are not able to download any of the app in your droid. There are many of the troubleshooting tips that can be performed to resolve this problem. You can try by activating the Google Talk or doing soft reset otherwise stop the download and again start it. So these are few tips that can be done here and I wish that this will solve the issue that you are facing.

According to me a soft reset will do the thing for you. You can search on google for the steps that is to be performed to do the soft reset. There are more chances that soft reset will solve the problem for you. If you get out of the issue after this then it is fine but if that does not help you and you have tried all the other possible solutions then there is only one option left for you and that is hard reset. But make sure that this is your last option for this and you have tried all the other possible solution to do that.

First thing that you need to do in the cases like this is if the droid which you are using is under warranty period or not. If that is under warranty then the best thing is to go to the dealer and see what they can help you. If you find that they are not helpful then you can directly make a contact with the manufacturer and ask them about the same. I am sure that they will guide you in the right way to solve the problem. I wish, you will get out of the trouble soon.