Thread: Can I use American Ipad2 in the UK

Can I use American Ipad2 in the UK

I will go to New York City this month and thinking to get a Wi-Fi Ipad2 with 3G; will I have problems using it in UK? I am just going to meet one of my friends, which are in New York City, because it is really too much time spending to meet him. But as I say I want to take apple iPad 2 with 3g, so it’s possible for me to do this? I think especially with the 3G side of things? If anyone here has any idea or any information about this than please just let me know.

Re: Can I use American Ipad2 in the UK

Here I just want to know you something. It should not matter. Make certain you acquire a version of AT&T 3G + Wi-Fi from iPad 2. Verizon edition will not work in the UK, because this product is not in the market up till now. But by the time this model, it is a good bet. Not because no one is really sure you have been issued. But as James recorded, iPad a carrier is not locked and no one mentioned about 2 iPad is locked. But I'm willing to bet not pay.

You can use the English okay, but AT & T's roaming rates. Very expensive. What you cannot do, unfortunately, is English or another foreign SIM card in AT&T iPad 2, you wish to perform if you expend much time with 2 iPad outside the U.S., I was told via e-mail from AT&T only today that: "below the obtainable exclusive agreement between Apple and AT & T, we cannot provide a code to unlock the iPhone device In addition, some devices that AT & T Mobility has the exclusive marketing rights to permanently exempt from duties unlocking.”

Sad but true. I am at a standstill waiting for a response from Verizon to a similar question, but even if the answer is positive it is much less important for other countries with relatively few operators that use CDMA. This is really an agreement-breaker for those who travel extensively and would like to use iPad 2 in areas where Wi-Fi is not available. If, on the other hand, you can rely on always or almost always are within range of Wi-Fi network in another country, after that you do not have AT & T iPad 2, at least for the purpose. Alternatively, and possibly the most excellent, is to buy your iPad 2 in Singapore where the device is locked is not allowed by law.

Here I also wish to add something about this topic. Most likely, this is completely false. We have to wait and see. IPad non-iPhone device. And no, they do not make mistakes in what they write. If iPad is what they are talking about, they would write a special. IPad is not locked because there is no unlocking code is required. You will also need to Apacer carrier in the country you want to use if you intend to go to their G3 network and AT & T will not pay roaming charges.

Thank you for pointing ambiguities in the reply e-mail (quoted above) I received today from AT & T Wireless customer service. Requests that I send to them, I decided to buy AT & T iPad 2 while they come obtainable. What will be open? Which means, I can utilize a different SIM card while traveling outside the U.S., for example, in German or English? AT&T's answer, unfortunately, use the "iPhone" term, not "IPAD 2 What is the offense committed by a person who wants to say." IPAD 2, but used to write about the iPhone (which will be bad results), writer or just do not read the query (which may be a good result) I do not know. I sent a request to AT & T to explain and report on here at all and if I get it. It seems there is broad belief that there iPad 2 will be opened. I hope this is true (because I live part of the year in the U.S. and the year in Austria, Germany and China), but see no real support for the belief, and fear may be just fantasy. At $ 829 for 64 GB AT & T 3G iPad 2 is important to know the truth - in advance.

In an effort to pin down the question is do I send more email to AT&T requested clarification of the ambiguities created by using a customer service representative about the "iPhone" worked out "iPad" in an email to me. This morning I received a response from a customer service representative said that "at present there is no information whether the device (i.e., iPad 2) will be locked to the AT&T or not." That is not the answer either, so I called AT&T Wireless customer service. Representatives who answered did not know what 2 iPad will be locked or not. While I was waiting on the phone, however, he called Apple in direct connection is available to AT&T reps. after a long wait for her return the phone and reported to me that 2 iPad would be locked and you cannot use a SIM card in it from foreign suppliers. "According to him this coming directly from Apple.