Thread: Can iPad2 playback 1080p without adapter

Can iPad2 playback 1080p without adapter

I heard that the new iPad2 now can be connected with the any HDMI enabled external output devices such as projectors, TVs or any external monitor using the Apple Digital AV adapter. Furthermore the thing is this device only displays the 1080p with adapter output. I heard that most of these adapters will lack the quality by using any external adapters. Now my question is will it going to play on its personal screen without output?

Re: Can iPad2 playback 1080p without adapter

I don’t think that the ipad 2 can play without any adapter support. Not only has the ipad 2, other apple devices requires its own adapters to playback with any other device. However I got your question. You are talking about the reverse thing. I mean getting the mirror image of other device into your ipad 2. However I don’t think that this can be achieved because there are no such kinds of adapters or cables which will enable this playback feature.

AS far as I know that with the apple component AV cable you cannot get the full video out support at 1080p. With that cable you can get only 576p and 480p. Furthermore with the use of Apple Composite AV Cable you can get only 576i and 480i. However in order to get the full 1080p with your ipad 2 you must use the Digital AV Adapter from apple. You cannot get this cable with the ipad 2. You should purchase it separately.

I think that you are right. None of the adapters can play with its full 1080p. The quality of the video will going to decrease when we pass the video signals through the adapters. However the ipad 2 may play HD videos which are in Blueray disk. But it doesn’t mean that it will output the true image to the output device. The Apple website has promised that it will offer 1:1 ratio. Let’s see what it really does.

I know that there are certain limitations with the adapters which will pass the video signal from the portable device such as tablet PC or ipad. But the ipad 2 is different from all. It will output the true image to any other devices or screens. The technique we called as mirror imaging, which means you will get the same resolution that you can see in the ipad (1:1 ratio). For that purpose the apple has developed a unique adapter called as Apple Digital AV adapter.

You don’t need to worry about the ipad 2 adapter quality thing. The apple has promised it will provide the 1:1 Output capability with their AV adapter. You may not get the complete 1080p but you can get more than 780p I think. The adapter comes with 2 kinds of pin connector. You can either connect directly as a HDMI to HDMI otherwise can be connected as HBMI to USB.