Thread: Facetime and skype for Apple Ipad 2

Facetime and skype for Apple Ipad 2

I am currently looking at buying the ipad 2 very soon. We can use the video with all of my friends and closed ones that are on skype, this is same as I do on my computer or my DroidX. If I contact anyone using skype and enable a video chat I can get the video and audio on both sides. I hope that the Facetime in the ipad 2 also has the same feature which I can get in the skype. Is the Facetime in ipad 2 will offer the same of skype or should I need to install skype in ipad 2?

Re: Facetime and skype for Apple Ipad 2

Many people are curious about the possibilities for videoconferencing in ipad 2. Contrary to what was expected, Apple is not packed with an advanced Skype application, but with software of our own making: FaceTime. FaceTime is included in version 4 of IOS, the new name for the mobile operating system from Apple. It can be used for a video conversation in high definition. The good news is that FaceTime requires no installation, and video chats can be started intuitively even by laity VoIP. The bad news: FaceTime currently works only through wifi, and only on the iPhone 4.

It is strange that Apple does not use 3G for video chatting or conferencing. Not least because the company a few months ago allowed outside developers to VoIP applications for the iPhone to make. But Apple will face with the introduction of a time bomb under the success of Skype and other VoIP services? I really want this feature because Video telephony is a great feature as long as the costs are manageable, I cannot think of a better communication, nothing is as beautiful as the smile of my wife and daughter to see at night, especially when I otherwise had a hard day.

Skype has freshly initiated complete video support designed for the iPad 2– in case if devices are outfitted with cameras. In support of future iPad 2 Skype is caching alongside its contestant - Apple’s FaceTime. Skype has previously initiated company’s VoIP service mainly for the purpose of iPhone, except lack of camera on previous iPad has set limitations for Skype's possible platform. Following providing group video calling capabilites, achievement of Qik, Skype established that the corporation aims to enlarge its horizons. If iPad 2 will emerge with cameras, Skype will present total support to it.

In my opinion the Skype and the Facetime both are the good thing for ipad 2. However the ipad 2 previously comes with the Facetime application as built-in which will specifically support the video calling. However the only limitation is both should have the Facetime as I think. But you can use the new version of Skype which was specifically developed for ios or ipad 2 or may be iphone 4. This is also a wonderful video chatting service.

These days a lot going to the VoIP service (Voice over IP) Skype. Apple iPhone 4 on the market that has the ability to carry video calls by "face time". At that time there was speculation about a new Skype version, which should make it possible to live with the iPhone 4 video calls. Even on a possible merger of the two services (Skype + Face Time) was reported. Today we already have the 2 Forntvideo enabled devices and you can get iPad 2 with very large probability, a front camera for video calls.