Thread: Copying save data of Angry Birds from one iPod touch to new iPhone

Copying save data of Angry Birds from one iPod touch to new iPhone

Is there any ways by which I would be able to copy the saved data of the angry birds game to the new iPhone. The case here is that I am shifting to the new iPhone from my iTouch. So I have saved all my achievements in that phone and now since I will also be playing this particular game in the iPhone as well. I need to transfer that files from the iTouch to the iPhone as well. Since I do not want to lose all the achievements that I have made in this game with my efforts. So is it possible to transfer the saved data of the game to the iPhone. If you all have any idea about it then do let me know about it.

Re: Copying save data of Angry Birds from one iPod touch to new iPhone

The answer for your question is yes. Definitely you can do that. What you have to do is sync your iTouch to the iTunes and transfer the game there. After having done that the new iPhone that you will get you would be able to restore the game from the iTunes to the iPhone. One thing that you will have to remember here is that all the files will be stored in the game center and you will have to transfer the entire game to the iTunes. So this is the method by which you would be able to transfer the game to the phone without losing all the records.

Well after reading your problem i came across a interesting article in the internet which said that we can easily sync the devices and transferring the files between them would be very simple. So what you will have to do is move a copy of the highscores.lua file from the iTouch phone to the iPhone. This particular file you will easily find in the private/var/mobile/Applications/(the Angry Birds folder)/Documents. These condition can only work if your iPhone and the iTouch are jailbroken. So I hope this method proves helpful for you. So do act on it and you will be able to get the desired solution for it.

One question that I would really like to ask here is that how to read the highscores.lua file in the system. if anyone having any knowledge about this matter then do let me know about it. The problem here is that I have the windows version of the file and I am unable to read the file In my iPhone. So anyone of you who can help me with the solutions or methods by which I would be able to read the data in my iPhone then do get back to me as early as possible. So do reply fast I am waiting for your responses.

I do not have much knowledge about it. Well one thing I would like to say here is that the data may be in an encrypted form and for the reading of the data you will have to decrypt the data and then you will be able to read the data. Do try to look for the various decrypting software’s that are available In the internet and you will be able to get the desired solution for yourself. So do try it and let me know if you are able to get any such software that will allow you to decrypt the data and help you in reading the data in the file.

for Pc users there is a nice app Birds Scores.
    it worked like magic for my iphone 4s and ipad3.