Thread: Spell Check with Autocorrect turned off in ios 4.2

Spell Check with Autocorrect turned off in ios 4.2

I have an IPAD running IOS 4.2. They asked me regarding how to turn off the AutoCorrect option as well as pointed to Settings-> General-> Keyboard. Is it true that you be able to turn off AutoCorrect as well without spell check, too? This man brought in his IPAD to work as well as showed me the alternative. If you turn off AutoCorrect Spelling is as well disabled as well as gets darker. You are not able to turn on while the spelling is off AutoCorrect. Is this the method it is? If so this appears to be, perhaps, a error or defect. The user would like to have spell checker with no AutoCorrect continually attempting to write something.

Re: Spell Check with Autocorrect turned off in ios 4.2

Here is same issue. Is this foolishness is limited to 4.2.1, or was ever present. I would like to enable spell check, however disable auto-correction. The system does not permit, as when enable spell checker, after that turn off the AutoCorrect, spelling send then set off! This is retarted as well as absurd. Spelling itself be supposed to place a single red underline spell checking a word you do not like. While the user clicks on the word, idea should be accessible. I am not able to stand while programs or devices believe they are smarter than me. At present, I have the spelling out. If it were one with the forced auto-correct, I would not write the word "Bloomberg", as the auto-correct to divide the word as berg flower. If someone from Apple is listning, please patch.

This is, in fact, the way it works. I locate it annoying to have automatic correction, as well as that trys to change my User ID every time you write. (There does not appear to be a learning function.) I do not like the fact that disabling the automatic correction as well disables Spell check. This is something that must be addressed in a future release.onr more thing If auto correct chooses a word or put in a space in the middle as well as you do not want, is there a method to ignore it on the keyboard other than hitting the x subsequently to it?

Nope. You must hit the x. I was hopeful that iOS 4.2 would bring an add to dictionary characteristic. According to apple hitting the X will insert the word. Not always the situation. Write a lot of names for product lines and was upset. Because the IPAD utilizes your contact list as a reference for the names I added a contact with these names (products) to get rid of the problem. I agree that this characteristic requires some improvement in the on the os side..

I am totally agreed with you. Spell check out is a good characteristic that assists anyone for accreting his typing mistakes. However you are right that sometimes we would like to write something which is not in dictionary after that it generates a difficulty. So this characteristic be supposed to be enhanced. If you wish to lift problems or recommend changes to Apple, after that you require to talk to them straight. These forums, in the strict sense of the user through the user as well as support problems are not a way forward. Utilize the feedback from given for the hardware as well as a variety of software packages: