Thread: Working Of MyBook Essential Is Very Slow

Working Of MyBook Essential Is Very Slow

I have been using the application of MyBook Essential and have been using it since long. It has got some of the dual functionalities in it and the feature that is being provided by it is just awesome. I have plugged the drive in this morning and then have tried to relocate a file that is called the 1.5 Go file.The transferring when it is being has got some of the issues as it hang-on the PC in which I am using the Windows Vista and then I had to reboot it. And when I am plugging the drive now, the working is very slow in it. I am able to see the drive into the list of the drive but when I am browsing into it, it takes some minutes to get the content of the folder. Please help me out with what is the issue with it and provide me some information regarding this.

Re: Working Of MyBook Essential Is Very Slow

Try the connection of the hard drives through some other port and then see that whether it is working out for you or not. And see that whether the working of the hard drive can be done along with the use of the connection of the HUB port or not. The HUB port is being used as an alternative if anything is not working out well for you. And see that whether it is working with the use of the some other if not the port of the HUB. Basically the connection will take some time so it is that you have to wait for some time and then see the working of the port.

The driver that you might be using must be having the faulty controller in it. The controller is being used for the managing of the files that is related to the management of the hard drive that you will use for the Mybook Essential. For the verification you have to download the WD DLG file from the official site of the Western digital, where you will get the file and you can just download it for the desktop that you are using. For this you have to verify the details of the drivers that is present in the system and you have to specify it to the WD site and then download the related driver for the desktop that you are using.

You have also the got the option of doing the standard test that is being used for the testing of the drivers that you are using for the system. And for the desktop that you are using the files may differ and also the pattern of the testing that you are doing is different. It may differ for the system that you are using and also it is that you have to see that while performing the test you are providing all the details in it properly. This testing will diusp0lay out the problem area to you and then you can just do the changes in it or else just get the details of the drivers that will work for the desktop that you are using. And especially in the case of the MyBook Essential which is the being developed by Apple.

And also it is that you can just see that if the test has been passed with no errors to the hard drive that you are using then it is that you have to perform the step of updating the firmware that you are using in it. Updating the firmware will help you make the hard drive work in it properly and also it will be detected out in it. And still if the issues is being faced by you then you have make the use of HDD regenerator that is said to be a section in it which will be helping you out with the issues that you are facing for the installation of the hard drive in it.