Thread: Camera not detected on Windows 7

Camera not detected on Windows 7

I have just installed Windows 7 on my system. I have 4 GB RAM and in addition to this I have HD 6950 working on it. I have just installed Windows 7 and everything on the system was working fine. Now I have Cannon Powershot SX-130 and when I use to connect it to the system it was detecting it there. Now this morning I have seen that it is just not reading the camera any more. I really do not know what has happened to this thing. Has anyone any idea how I can fix the issue of mine here.

Re: Camera not detected on Windows 7

I would like you to check and see if the USB is set as Mass Storage for you camera there. Give this a try and see if the Computer there recognizes the camera now. The camera should be recognized as removable disk on Windows 7. Once you get this right then you will be able to transfer data such as videos and pictures. You can connect the camera on either of the ports let it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 there will be no issues as such.

You can try to connect the camera to the other port on your computer. If the camera is not getting detected on the system then there are chances that the port from which you are trying to make the connection might be corrupted one. It will be better if you can just try to use the other port. If not that then see if the USB is connected properly in the USB port. These are only two cases when the device is not detected by the system.

I have a workaround here with me and I would like you to see for the steps here and see if that can help you in making the connection with the Camera. Click on the Start icon on the Desktop. After that make a Click on the Control Panel and select the Hardware and Sound option. Under the Hardware and Sound option you will have to click on Device Manager. Make a double click on the Portable Device and select the appropriate model name of your camera. Click the model name and select Uninstall option. Finally hit the OK button. Actually it seems that the scenario will get simply improved if you will be going with the installation of the drivers. Windows 7 has basic drivers and once the drivers gets uninstalled then the basic drivers will come in action and then you can try to go with the connection and see if that can help you with the issue. Let me get notified about the same.

On the suggestion if you want you can simply try to see what is the actual thing that is actually causing you the issue. You can try to connect the Camera to some other system. Actually; if you have Windows 7 64 bit then you are going to get this issue. It will be better if you can just switch to some other drivers and see if the issue of yours can be rectified. In addition to this to make sure that there is no issue at all from the Camera side I would like you to connect the cell phone to some other system and see if that is getting recognized there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iroquois View Post
    I would like you to check and see if the USB is set as Mass Storage for you camera there. Give this a try and see if the Computer there recognizes the camera now. The camera should be recognized as removable disk on Windows 7. Once you get this right then you will be able to transfer data such as videos and pictures. You can connect the camera on either of the ports let it USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 there will be no issues as such.
    How do you check if usb is set to mass storage?. All my memory sticks work thru the usb ports are are detected under portable devices with the except of the camera.