Thread: Is it possible to sync podcasts with the droid phone?

Is it possible to sync podcasts with the droid phone?

I am thinking of switching to the new Motorola droid phone. I know there would be some things that I will be losing with this new phone. There are many things that I would like to note here. The main thing that I would be losing is the podcasts. The feature that I used to enjoy in the iPhone. I am thinking of downloading the podcast from the iTunes in the system and then I am thinking to sync it with the Motorola droid phone. So I wanted to know that is it possible to do that. If it is then do give me more information about this particular process. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Is it possible to sync podcasts with the droid phone?

Well I do not know whether you would be able to sync with your droid phone. I am not having much knowledge about this particular subject. I can definitely suggest you some Google application that might work with your phone. I would recommend you to have a look at the Google listen application. This application hosts everything that you might be looking in a good android application. you can easily stream any radio. Download music on the go. Listen to the breaking news and many more things. So this is a pretty interesting application. so I would advice you to have a look at this application in the internet. You would definitely like this one.

I would advice you to have a look at the cnet application. This cnet application hosts a variety of cnet cast and also the videos. You can have a look at them also .it also searches you for the good podcasts that are available in the internet. So do have a look at them as well. Since I am new to this iTunes as well as the podcasts concept. This is what information I can give you right now. As of now you can also have a look at the Google listen application. that application is quite good. So do have a look at them as well.

I think if the particular podcast file is a mp3 file then you can easily sync with your phone. so do check whether the podcast that you are using it In the system has an mp3 format. If it is then try syncing it you can easily do it. As far as the Google listen application is concerned. I think Google has to yet make its name in the podcast industry. So I would advise you to wait for some time. Until Google launches it all full fledged features in the podcasts version. As of now I had a small look at that particular application and I found it to be quite descent. So I hope you are clear with the suggestions.

Yes, I would say that you would be definitely be able to sync with the podcasts. What you have to do is download the dPod application in your phone. Once you have done with that you would be easily be able to sync the podcasts. Do follow the steps that I have given below
    1) In the iTunes go to the podcasts and do copy the url of the the podcast. Just email the url that you have copied.
    2) Having done that you will have to open the dpod application.
    3) In the dpod application. You will have to go to the menu option. In the menu option go to the add podcast option.
    4) In that put the url of the podcast that you have copied. After having done that you would be able to sync the podcast successfully with the phone.
    I hope this solution helps you.

I would advise you to have a check with the BeyondPod's free trial version. It is quite a interesting application. One of my friend who has just switched to the droid x phone from the iPhone is also been using the same application. He has no problems using it and it does deliver you the performance as well. The full version is quite expensive which is available at a price tag of $7. So that would be very expensive. As of now you can trial with the trial version of this particular application. the another application that I would like to mention here is the podtrapper application. This particular application is also a quite descent performer. I think It is available only in the paid version. So do have a look at this application also. I hope you like my suggestion.

Thanks a lot for all the response that you have given here. I know it is a very difficult task switching from the iPhone to the android phone. The transition is quite difficult and I know personally how difficult it was to leave the iPhone. Still I will check out all the application that you have mentioned here. I am hoping that some of the applications will definitely work with my phone. Let’s hope all comes out well. Anyways thanks for all the responses that you have given here. I would like to really appreciate your efforts for helping me in my issue.