Thread: IP address for Nokia n900

IP address for Nokia n900

I have Nokia n900 and in that I just desire to know if I get the IP address. I want to have the physical address of Nokia n900 and I will be pleased if you all can help me. I am doing all this because I want to make some registration and for that only I need physical address. I have tried to Google out unable to get anything which helps me regarding this issue. I want to have the Static IP address of Nokia n900. I have seen that other models of Nokia have this facility so if you guys have any suggestion then please help me.

Re: IP address for Nokia n900

Related to this I want to tell you that IP address are not physical and hence you can’t have the Static value for which you are looking. Actually they are the values that are configured by Network Administrator. Actually now-a-days DHCP is utilized and the majority of the networks make use of DHCP so that the IP address can be assigned dynamically. If the device is making use of the IEEE 802 protocol then it will have the MAC address. This MAC address is known as physical address. And related to this here is the way to get it. Go to the Settings and then choose the Connectivity option and then choose WLAN. Under WLANS you have to choose Available WLANS. The device will attempt to look for the nearest WiFi stations. So this is what I know about it I hope this information will help you.

In my case the issue is that I do not have the Internet connection. I have seen that there is not at all any connectivity presentation in the cell phone. Can you all please assist me related to this issue? I thought that this thread is discussed concerning the WiFi matters of the cell phone and hence I thought I w2ill also get any suggestion related to my issue. In addition to this I have seen some of the topics as well with the cell phone. I have seen that it keeps on hanging.

Well it would have been actually nice if you post this in a new thread. It’s ok actually regarding the issues that you are receiving I can say that you will have to update the cell phone. You get the update from the official site of Nokia. You are able to connect the cell phone along with the system and then you can go along with the updates. So for that you just go to the www.nokia.com and there you can go to the software update part and then you will have to go into the model number of your cell phone and I am sure that this will resolve the issue.

It will be really nice if you can just have the reset on the cell phone done so that the minor bugs that might be there on your cell phone can be rectified there. First of all make the back up on the cell phone and then after this just restart the cell phone. Once you are done with this then you will have to press the following code so as to start the RESET *#7370#. After you will dial this then the cell phone will ask you the security code. If the security code is not changed then by default it is 12345. Enter the code and then simply wait for the reset to get complete.