Thread: Hack for Desire and Nexus One: data2ext

Hack for Desire and Nexus One: data2ext

If you are a little hacker, you must be familiar with the term App2SD. To summarize, App2SD Application means the SD card. In other words, install an application on the SD card from your phone when it runs out of space. Generally, the installation on the SD card is done using any partition. Note that from Android Froyo (2.2) this option is partly managed by the system, who can install your applications on the SD card from the phone. Now we are talking about such a possibility, but a little different. This is a hack of the data portion of the system "data2ext" which also saves the storage space. This hack also changes radically the capacity of the partition, since it has the ability to enhance performance but also saves energy!! Specifically, we noted an acceleration in the rate of applications, browser and system Android. Originally designed for the HTC Desire, it offers improvements significant enough, even if it is still quite unstable. For now, the Nexus One was able to boot from this configuration only a few times, and benchmark scores reached were just enormous. We are talking about a score of I / O of over 8000 ... for a total score of 3000 + on Advanced Quadrant. However, the developer stops and asks for help to the community in hopes of making it permanent. Warning, if you were to use an alternative with this rom hack, note that a Class 6 SD Card and quality is highly recommended.

Re: Hack for Desire and Nexus One: data2ext

Well, it's not complicated, the card is formatted in the current ext4 file format by default in Linux, rather than j4fs (the file system may choose the default google. The journaling was also off (allowing to have less chance of losing files if the OS crash) to avoid writing too much on the SD card and wear prematurely. The flash memory used in my opinion is slower than internal memory flasj but can be less obvious to go into ext4 internal memory (at least initially). You could also disable java and put in c native apps through X11 as an approx Wayland (known for its lightness, but still under development). Similarly the dev of Linux and those google have played a bit about rewriting something that already exists and that worked well in replacing it with something lousy, who opened holes and was inefficient. Obviously, Google wants to understand and make a little less aloof, we have a chance to get better performance, as in this case change fs.

AC not look complicated basically instead of using the NAND of such (which is not very large and slow) it uses the SD card ... level is possible that it is better (depending on the SD card, the speed of the SD slot and also the slow NAND). By cons I can hardly conceive gain battery .... Unless the author of the software does the following thing:
    • must be X seconds to copy
    • install an app on the NAND
    • takes less than X seconds to do the same thing on the DS
    This app is like saying my pc is slow, but if you change the hard drive (here the SD card instead of the NAND) it will be faster ... since it would allow many to learn that there is a soft, but more importantly that the nand this is slow.

A PC equipped with a SSD is faster in launching programs and document management as a PC equipped with a conventional disc. It is therefore possible that with a good SDHC we can do better than the NAND. I have a SSD on my PC and it is day and night with my ex HDD. So yes with a micro SD Class 6 and class 10 = must desire and our little one will have a real nexus makeover. By cons is that you it lasted the life of the micro SD knowing that it is applied consistently.

It takes all kinds of news: news of androphones, changing technology, hack & co ... And if a subject interests you not, the door is open. So when we see the daily benefit that such changes to the S Galaxy, although it must impact the Nexus / Desire too. I cast an eye over the weekend if I have time. Already read on Xda but it's always good to see here relayed. We must believe that some are too stupid to understand the scope of such a hack on other models. I want to know something: this hack only serves to increase the score on Quadrant or it really boost performance in all applications? The explanations in this article are not really clear ... how the management of a partition can have influence on the computing power of the processor?