Thread: Cannot play MKV files in Nokia N900

Cannot play MKV files in Nokia N900

I have Nokia N900 cell phone since last month I m using this. A day before yesterday I have installed an mkc player inside my Nokia n900. It installed properly with no issue but I m unable to play mkv files which is of 720 pixels in my Nokia n900. Yeah I have installed the extra codecs in my setup file as well as re-installing them again and I can now play mpg's which I could not play previously but now also I cannot play the mkv files on my cell phone. On the other hand if I can’t play mkv's what is the most excellent software to convert them to a more appropriate format i.e. mp4 etc or anyway to make the file play in my Nokia N900.

Re: Cannot play MKV files in Nokia N900

Nokia N900 simply supports up to 480 pixel , as the resolution of the device is 800x480. No advantage from high resolution if you try to remove the 720 pixels, it just wastes additional space. For this you will go to dvd video soft as well as download their no cost video to ipod converter, and download the text file to join to this post. After that rename the text file expansion to xml file, as well as substitute the iphone profile.xml file in the file where the free video to ipod converter installed. Then load up the mkv file to ipod converter and select iphone, and you need access to all the n900 conversion profiles to written and then try to play it on your cell phone.

Matroska isn't supported out of the box. The media player doesn't even index these files. And apart from it, 720p could be probable with some extremely optimized codec if you will in order to run that mkv file in Nokia n900 then it is possible to run it easily on your, but it won't be straightforward. I haven't originates whichever 720p video that the nokia N900 plays. VLC as well as mkvplayer attempt to start the 720p videos, but they are extremely slow and totally watchable on your screen.

You will need to have a Extra Decoders Support v0.3.4-1 application to download in order to make your run properly insdie the mobile. It also depends on which edition of the program you downloaded. If you downloaded the video to ipod converter (this one used to be tremendous and incorporated profiles for many devices, but the fresh one is ipod only), then you have to rename to ipod profile.xml. It’s a pleasant free program. The mere thing i could suggest to more for is multicore support. These programs only appear to utilize one of my quad cores. But still with only single core procedure, it is good for the majority encodes, even though downscaling from 720p as well as 1080p takes a while though it will work.

If you require the mkv files to run in your nokia n900 then you will need to make it smaller, edit the .xml file in notepad. Drop the audio bitrates by changing it from 192000 to 128000 or probably lower. It is aac audio so it is not too terrible at 128k. You can moreover drop the video bitrate from 1500000 to 1200000. Usually i come across that if you go much inferior than 1400000 for our cell phones resolution, it starts receiving blocky with this program. Don’t bother about the frame speed. the program is too straightforward to run frame interruption, so if your source video is prearranged at 24fps or 25fps, and you choose the 30fps profile, it will just predetermine it at 24fps or 25fps correspondingly.

I think that streaming is completely ineffective and I reject to do so. Most of my tv serials as well as movies are 720p (several are 1080p but it would be outrageous to put an 8gb movie on a small device) and I would actually like to have them on my tablet. I can obtain it to play back 720p at 3-4fps with mkv player but it pegs the cpu even with the following switches:

Code:
    mplayer -vo x11 -vf scale=800:480 -ao pulse -mkv ffmpeg -lavrdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all -autosynchronize 30 file.mkv