Thread: Browsing Ipod Touch in Terminal

^rEBECCA& Guest

Browsing Ipod Touch in Terminal

Hello Guys, I have recently brought Ipod Touch and I am having a problem in a particular application in which I am continuously losing data. I don’t know how I am losing the data? But I want to stop it anyhow. I want to browse it from the terminal so that I can stop it.
    But the fact is that I am not aware of it. If anyone who is aware then please let me know. Anyone having similar knowledge then please let me know.

Re: Browsing Ipod Touch in Terminal

I think that unless you don’t jailbreak your ipod touch I don’t think that you will be able access the system. I think you need to jailbreak the system so that you can access the terminal. As far as my knowledge I don’t think that you will be able to access the terminal unless you jailbreak the system. I have achieved all the application in ipod touch when I have jailbreaked it. So, I personally think that you should jailbreak your ipod touch in order to get access to terminal.

One about ipod touch is that it does not have any hard disk. You will be confused then how it stores all the information. But, the fact is that it stores all the information on ram disks. All the information of ipod touch is stored in ram disk; it doesn’t have any hard disk. This why it difficult to get it terminal until you jailbreak. Once you jailbreak then you can easily access the system and the terminal which wanted to access.

I also think that you need to jailbreak your ipod touch so that you can easily be able to access all the application and terminal also. If you have jailbreaked your ipod touch then you can install Mobileterminal from Cydia which will allow accessing the terminal. You can have another option such install OpenSSH which again from Cyndia and ssh into your system which will also allow to access the terminal in your system. You can either install any one of them which will allow you to access the terminal in your ipod touch.

I also think that you need to jailbreak your ipod which is necessary so that you can get access to application on your ipod which is quite good. I personally thing that without jailbreaking you won’t be getting any application well. So, I advise you to jailbreak it.