Thread: Unable to connect Wi-Fi in iPad 4.2

Unable to connect Wi-Fi in iPad 4.2

I am using iPad from past 4 months. Recently I have updated my iPad OS with latest version. Well there was no problem with updating process. The OS is working .While I tying to connect iPad with my Wi-Fi I am unable to connect the same. Most probable there will be some Bug which is not fixed by Apple before the releasing the OS. If anyone have some solution about this problem please let me know. I am thanking you in advance.

Re: Unable to connect Wi-Fi in iPad 4.2

Well looking at your situation at first glance you should try to check to do Hard reset in your iPad . It is the simplest solution that I can give you right now. To do Hard reset you have to Press 2 keys i.e. Sleep/Wake key and Home key up to 10 Seconds. Apple logo will appear on the screen. Once Apple logo appears you device has been done Hard Reset. The data on the iPad won’t be deleted so don’t worry about the data. I hope this will solve your problem and you will be able to make use of Wi-Fi.

I am providing you some quick checks which will help you to trouble shoot your problem in your iPad. Make sure that Airplane mode is not switch on in your iPad since Airplane mode disables ability of the device to communicate in Wireless mode. If the Airplane mode is switch on Airplane icon will display on your iPad screen. Second thing you should check that the Wi-Fi is Switch on in your iPad. Kindly confirm with your device and let me know.

Another way to resolve your issue is to changing the channel of your wi-fi router.You have to enter the ip address of the router in the Browser. To know the IP address of the router You have to enter "ping -r 1" on the command prompt. You have to search there for Wireless settings. Now you can change the settings of the Wireless router. I hope this will help you to solve problem and it will make you to connect your iPad with Wi-Fi.

If you have problem with the current version of the OS then you can roll back to the previous version of OS which you have installed in your iPad. You have to do following steps. Download Old iPad firmware such as iOS 3.2.2 or 3.2.1. You should connect your iPad with computer. Let the iTunes launch. Select iPad from Devices. In the iPad summary view you should click on the Restore. You should navigate to ~/Library/iTunes/iPad Software Updates. Now you have to select .ipsw file and open it. iTune will installed the iOS. Once it is finished it will prompt an error message “The iPad could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1004).”And “iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.”Press Ok. You have to download TinyUmbrella software to remove your iPad from the Recovery Mode. Now your iPad will function correctly.

Finally all the above mention solutions are not working for you then you have to contact nearest Authorized services Center. It will better if the Service warranty of your iPad is not expired. Any physical damage on the device will void the service warranty. Please carry invoice details of iPad when you visit the service center. It will help you to serve better. It is the finest solution that I can suggest you. I hope it will help you out to solve the issue.

I have tried all of the things I've read in the forums and I still have a problem. I can connect easily to any wireless network that is not secured. When I try to connect to a secured wireless network, it gives that message "unable to join ...". On my home network, I have three other computers connected and a wireless printer. I have checked the settings for the router, and they seem ok. It is set for WEP, and up to 145mbps. While I have read a lot of posts, there seems to be a significant number of people with this issue and most do not seem to get resolved. anyone know of some additional help available?

Even i saw that many people facing this problem but only with ios 4.2. So, i guess the problem is with 4.2, rather than your ipod or router. And there is no fix for it yet. So, what i can suggest you at this point is just roll back to 4.1 or any older . It will help for sure.

For doing so, this will help you: Downgrade ipad from 4.2 to 3.2.2