Thread: Want to change root password without using mobile terminal.

Want to change root password without using mobile terminal.

I want to change the root password of my iPhone without the use of mobile terminal. From the time I have jailbroken my iPhone 4 I want to place ssh into it. But the thing is that I do not want to take the risk hence there is need for changing root password. There is no need to say that MobileTerminal is not working on the iPhone 4. I do not know what is the reason for this but this thing is crashing at the time of opening, hence I am not able to change the password for the device that I am having. Now you can understand why I want to change the root password for the iPhone 4 I am having.

Re: Want to change root password without using mobile terminal.

In recent days much has been said of the possible security problems relating to the jailbroken iPhone, for that today, we explain how to change the root password to your device. Since the iPhone root password for all ("Alpine") can be very useful and above all safe to change it after the jailbreak. To do this you need to install from Cydia and MobileTerminal the package once it has started follow these steps: Logging in as administrator using the command: su root Enter the root password, by default, and alpine run the command passwd Now introduce the new desired password twice. Remember that from now on, the password for the ' SSH access to the iPhone is just this set! The same procedure could be run remotely via SSH and a terminal, such as Putty on Windows.

Well the thing is that the iPhone has 2 users: root, and mobile. Mobile is used by apps in general. These two users have both as the default password "alpine". So anyone who has followed this tutorial to connect to ssh on iphone can access easily to your iPhone! To avoid this, we will first see how to change the password of user "root": Start by connecting to your iPhone via Putty. Then type "passwd". Unix, passwd is the name of the instruction by which one can change his password. The Iphone will request the new password, type it and confirm by entry. Rest assured, it is normal not to see what you type! Confirm the password and confirm by entry. And to change the password of the user "mobile" is a bit different: Type "login + mobile" Then type a password and hit enter. We'll tell you "login incorrect", you do not care! We then asked for a login, you type "mobile" and hit enter. We ask for the password, type your new password. Then type "passwd" and you ask the old password ("Alpine") and new (Only you know.) I hope that this will help you get rid of the problem.

This is also a similar method to achieve the task but using mac operating system. The risk is actually that all jailbroken iPhones the same password for SSH access. (Root / alpine and mobile / alpine). So it may come to unauthorized access. But to change that root password, just a few steps are necessary! Start on the Mac just a console and, with ssh root @ (ip.des.iph.one ) the connection to the iPhone ago. This must be booked via WiFi to the network are the IP of the iPhone to get to our customary way of Settings WiFi - (network name). After entering the password (alpine) to register. By means of the command passwd that will be prompted for the old and the two-time enter the new password. With log exit! Now you repeat the whole thing with the user I mean to say mobile. That's it! Now, the jailbreak is safe!