Thread: Hard Disk for Dell XPS 410 Desktop

Hard Disk for Dell XPS 410 Desktop

I have been using a dell XPS 410 desktop which is installed with windows 7. I have hard disk of 160 GB which is almost flooded with useful data and i want to save some more data on it i do not know how to go about it. I have even copied a data of almost 50 GB to a number of DVD's but i face problems when i want to access some specific data on my laptop. Hence i am planning to purchase a new hard disk tell me how can i increase the hard disk capacity of my laptop. Is it possible to upgrade my hard disk also tell me whether it is possible to get this install another disk on my laptop. please suggest..

Re: Hard Disk for Dell XPS 410 laptop

The solution to your problem is quiet simple there are number of hard drives available in the market you only need to get one it is portable and hence there is not need to get it installed on your system. The only think which you can do is that you have to simply plug the device using a usb cable into one of the usb port of the hard drive and that's all now this device will appear as a new hardware installed on to your system. The problem should be fixed now..

Re: Hard Disk for Dell XPS 410 laptop

Thanks for replying, really a very good alternative to what i was trying so i would like one more help from you. Please suggest me a hard disk which will be better for me and i can easily attach to my laptop because io am not a very technical person. I have searced and i think i should go for Seagate or Kingston what do you think which one is the best hard drive for me. please help.

Re: Hard Disk for Dell XPS 410 Desktop

I would suggest you to go for the Western Digital Elements 500 GB since it is a handy 2.5-inch class. The case has the charm of a briquette - shine on the side almost exactly, so it is also easy to stack and fit into a shirt pocket. As many matching accessory bags are offered, but not part of the supply deal. If a Western Digital hard drive is running, it is at its best. The excellent performance means without much noise. Unfortunately, it was found recently that plates of this manufacturer tasks are often only hours after the spirit and all data was gone. But if there is no problem, they are all big class. The Western Digital Elements 500 GB spins at 5,400 rpm and has 8 MB of cache, which is more than adequate for mobile use.

Re: Hard Disk for Dell XPS 410 Desktop

The Western Digital My Book 3.0 will be the best option it is having capacities of 1 and 2 TB (the latter model will arrive in coming days) using a single hard drive and do not change the design of previous models. Not implement small information screens that came into use back in October , but housing is much more sober and smooth, now available only in black. Do not forget that the new My Book external power required and that are larger or smaller, using a 3.5 inch disk inside.