Thread: Device fails to load for Microsoft WPD enhanced storage in windows 7.

Device fails to load for Microsoft WPD enhanced storage in windows 7.

If I am looking at the device manger that is under portable device then there is an option for device status. I mean to say that the status for “Microsoft WPD Enhanced Storage Password” is showing that the device cannot start. Currently I am not having any portable devices on this workstation, but then also I am getting this error. My operating system is windows 7; I think that this problem is related to some drivers. Whatever may be issue I need to know the solution for the problem I am facing?

Re: Device fails to load for Microsoft WPD enhanced storage in windows 7.

Solution for the problem that you are facing is really simple, you just need to go to your computer manufacture website or motherboard manufacture website and then update the latest drivers for windows 7. I am sure after you update the driver for your motherboard from the official site you will not get the problem next time. If you are facing the problem after updating the driver then you have to provide the complete details of your system.

I have a 160GB IDE hard disk that is not recognized by Windows 7 of which I have installed a 640GB SATA. Not in Administrator devices or Administrative Tools. But Administrator devices when I choose add legacy hardware, the option to install Microsoft WDP Enhanced Password Storage Driver. Installed but failed, and the disc is recognized, but when you restart the computer system then it disappears again. I tried to update but it says that it is updated, look for download but do not find it anywhere. Anyone knows how to solve this problem? The driver version is: Microsoft WDP Enhanced Driver 6.1.7600.16384 Password Storage. Thanks in advance. I have seen that in Settings / General / Device Status says: This device can not start. (Code 10)

Yes, I too am convinced that it is a matter of drivers but could not find this in Microsoft WDP Enhanced Password Storage Driver; do not know very well that is, if a driver or because I could not find it anywhere. Checking the properties of this driver Properties / General / Device Status says: This device can not start (Code 10). If there is any solution for this problem then please let me know the same. I will be waiting for the related reply.

If you have tried all that but there's no point now I am more than confused because I have seen that this controller to which I refer is for portable devices. That will have to do with or not recognize hard disk. Well in any case if they were disk controller I mean to say the drivers that you have downloaded. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing. If you have any other issue then let me know about that. Cross your fingers and hope for the best thing to work.

As far as I know this system is not meeting the minimum requirements for the installation of the software. The installation program will leave." Windows Probe with windows 7 and also with the view of 32bits. In that case windows 7 will always say to update the system on regular bases. So I will advise you to do the same. I mean to say that update all the latest drivers for your computer system and also install the latest updates for windows 7