Thread: Windows 7 XP mode fails to load integration components

Windows 7 XP mode fails to load integration components

I am facing some weird problems with Windows 7 operating system which I have installed on the computer. The computer also has Virtual machine component installed on it. The problem is while logging into Virtual XP mode, the system gives an error message saying "Failed to load integration components" then it ask if I want to continue to load the Virtual xp mode, if I select yes, then a black window appears and nothing else happens. I cannot figure out why Windows 7 XP mode fails to load integration components and hence need your help in solving this issue. Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Dr. V Guest

Re: Windows 7 XP mode fails to load integration components

I think there is some problem with the virtual PC component which is installed on the computer due to which you are facing such problems. The installation files which are required to install Virtual PC component on the computer are to be downloaded from the internet. If while downloading the installation file, if there is an internet fluctuation then the file downloaded will be corrupt and the application which is installed from the corrupt installation file will also be corrupt. Hence remove the virtual PC component from the computer and reboot the system. Download a fresh installation file for the Virtual PC component and install it. See if the problem continues.

Have you enabled the hardware virtualization on the computer? To be able to run the Virtual XP mode of Windows 7 on the computer, you will be required to enable the hardware virtualization on the computer. To enable the hardware virtualization on the computer, you will have to make changes in the BIOS of the system. While starting the computer, press delete key to enter into BIOS setup. Now navigate to Virtualization tab and select Enable hardware virtualization. Save and apply setting the settings. Reboot the system and see if the XP mode works properly.

Thanks for replying to the post. As suggested I uninstalled the Virtual machine component from the computer and reinstalled after downloading the latest installation file of Virtual machine. I also enabled the Hardware virtualization on the computer and the XP mode was working fine for few days but now it again gives the same error and causes the system to freeze. What can be the reason for such behavior? Please help.

I suspect that the system which you are using is infected by some virus due to which you are not able to use the XP mode in Windows 7. Virus's get downloaded on the computer while visiting certain websites or while downloading data from the internet. Virus's have the tendency to get linked with files of the applications which are used frequently. If such a situation occurs then the application whose file is infected will not work properly. Therefore scan the system and check for all the files which are corrupt. Repair or quarantine all the files which are corrupt and see if the performance of the computer improves.

You will have to update the integration components of the Windows 7 XP mode. I was also facing the same problem while using Windows 7 XP mode on my computer. It failed to load the integration components while loading XP mode. I tried to find the solution and finally found out that the integration components which are required to load XP mode are outdated and hence the XP mode was not loading. Therefore I would suggest that you get the Integration components of XP mode upgraded. Once done, you will not face the same error again.

I have the same issue with Windows XP Mode in Windows Virtual PC on Windows 7 Professional x64.
    Some Windows updates requested to restart XP and then the Virtual PC was unabled to load the integration components.
    In the Tools menu of Virtual PC, the "Enable integration components" is always shadowed and not selectable. In the same menu also appears the "Install integration components", actually is for uninstall or reinstall the integration components. I verified that these are installed in XP mode with the version 14.0.7600.16392.
    I tried unsuccessfully to uninstall and reinstall.
    When I click on "Settings" of the same Tools menu I see that the integration components are not available and all devices and shared resources with the host system (Windows 7) are shadowed, including the "Enable at startup" which is still enabled.

How can I fix this issue?
    How can I get an update for the XP Mode integration components?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by vagni View Post
    I have the same issue with Windows XP Mode in Windows Virtual PC on Windows 7 Professional x64.
    Some Windows updates requested to restart XP and then the Virtual PC was unabled to load the integration components.
    In the Tools menu of Virtual PC, the "Enable integration components" is always shadowed and not selectable. In the same menu also appears the "Install integration components", actually is for uninstall or reinstall the integration components. I verified that these are installed in XP mode with the version 14.0.7600.16392.
    I tried unsuccessfully to uninstall and reinstall.
    When I click on "Settings" of the same Tools menu I see that the integration components are not available and all devices and shared resources with the host system (Windows 7) are shadowed, including the "Enable at startup" which is still enabled.

How can I fix this issue?
    How can I get an update for the XP Mode integration components?
    Thanks.
    Are you able to boot your pc in safe mode cause I think the ic might be damaged? I would also suggest you to test the problem that you are facing in Windows 7 Clean boot. Below are the steps for it:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility.
      • If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
    • On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
    • On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.

More information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us