Thread: Upgrade hard drive of Acer travelmate 4010

Upgrade hard drive of Acer travelmate 4010

I have bought a new Acer travelmate 4010 on which I am looking forward to upgrade the hard drive. But still I am bit afraid that will it be useful for doing this and will my laptop will show any problem for doing this. I have selected one hard drive - WD Scorpio blue 250 Gb. Can you guys tell me that will this laptop would be working properly with new hard drive or not.

Re: Upgrade hard drive of Acer travelmate 4010

I guess your laptop must not show any problem with the hard drive which you have selected to upgraded on your machine. But make sure that if your laptop has PATA then you must install the PATA and if it has a SATA then you must have to install the SATA. And one more thing I would like to inform you that if you are running windows xp operating system on your laptop then stay under the 127 Gb and once you have installed the Service Pack 1 then you are free to install any hard drive.

Best way would be to ask about the same thing to the dealer from where you are planning to buy this hard drive, Actually they must be knowing that the which laptop suits the best hard drive and how to install it. I suggest you not to install on your own as you may make some mistake while installing it causing it in the some other hardware issue.

Once you have installed the new hard drive on your laptop then make sure that you have to make settings for the same in the BIOS. It is necessary to make such settings in order to make your new hard drive detecting on an operating system. One more thing that you have to keep in mind is the driver of the new hard drive which needs to be installed on your machine.