Thread: Partition issues with Dell inspirion 15R

Partition issues with Dell inspirion 15R

Hi I have recently purchased a brand new Dell inspirion 15R laptop, and it came with only one partition that is the C: partition of 500 GB. With the windows 7 64bit preinstalled on the same. And the thing here is that I am not able to do the further partitions. Please help me to do the same. I have tried once doing the partition but was not able to it. I don’t know what went wrong in that. Does anyone ever have faced such issue, if yes then please let me know what to do to solve this issue because it has frustrated me a lot.

Re: Partition issues with Dell inspirion 15R

I think you have to do the partition with the help of the magic 8. It will help you to do the partition and that to without any difficulty. I have also used the same for partitioning my system and it worked fine. I am sure that it will do wonders for you also.Here are some of its important features that will let you know the magic 8 in detail:
    • It allows you to organize the information and also will protect the same on the hard drive
    • It is an easy process which will provide you a step by step procedure to the partition. It has an functionality that will let you to preview the partition that you have done.
    • It will allow you to manage the multiple operating system working on the same hard drive without any problems
    • You can use the external USB devices for partitioning using this software.
    • It also helps to keep the backup of the data which is already stored on the system.

Just go for it and get fixed your problem.
    Last edited by Crespin; 30-11-2010 at 09:22 AM.

Well in this case I think you have to visit the Dell support and ask them to help you out in this case. Because it is important that you do the partition without harming the hard disk that you has. So what you have to do is just visit the nearest customer service center of Dell and place the complaint over there and let them know the problem faced by you in detail.

First of all thank you for answering my question and also for spending the vital time to find the solution, but the thing here is that I have still not being able to solve the problem. Actually I have installed the magic 8 and did the partition but it seems to me that it is not supporting on the system because after the partition the system is restarting and giving me a blue screen with a error, After troubleshooting I found that it is not supporting on the operating system I am using. So please let me know any other way that will help me to the partition and that to errorless.

Well I think you are not able to solve the issue with the magic 8 because the windows edition that you are using is 64 bit and the software only works for the 32 bit versions. So what you have to do in this case try and found any other software that will help you to do the software and also will be compatible with the operating system that you are using.