Thread: iPhone videos on TV through VLC

iPhone videos on TV through VLC

hello friends just wondering how to play the iphone videos on TV screen. Is there any special software to make this thing happen or is that there is a VLC player for iPhone that makes this possible just as it does for others. So can any one help or suggest some idea of how can I be able to view the iPhone video on the TV. Eagerly waiting for the replies as I am very eager to do this. I have searched the entire web but wasn't able to locate this anywhere. So thumbs up to who ever comes up with the solution.
    Last edited by leshaspar; 27-11-2010 at 11:34 AM.

Re: iPhone videos on TV through VLC

Hey its possible, there is a specially designed VLC player that is compatible with any iPhone. You can get the player from the internet and install it in the iPhone and you will be able to run it smoothly. As far as streaming videos is concerned, I think this is also possible and you will get to see the iPhone videos on the TV. For this you need the Apple AV cable that helps you connect the iPhone to the TV for seeing the videos on the TV. I am also using the same to get my iPhone videos to stream it on the TV and would easily watch the videos without any problem you can also use the same technique to stream the videos.

Hey I think that the video from the iPhone will only be streamed to the Apple TV, they wont be streamed on any other kind of TV mostly because of the compatibility issues. You can use the Apple AV cable to make the videos work properly only with the Apple TV. Also, make sure that you have all the drivers that are needed to rub the VLC software as well the drivers for detecting the external hardware. If you have all this functionality you can easily be able to stream the videos to the TV.

Hey friends I have got this problem while connecting the iPhone to stream the videos onto the TV. I have a VLC player installed on the iPhone and I am using an Apple AV cable to connect my iPhone to the Apple TV. But some how I not getting the video output from the the TV although I am getting the audio output. Does any one knows a perfect solution to overcome this problem. I am eagerly waiting to see the videos on the TV. I have installed all the drivers that are needed to run this software perfectly.

Hey what version of the VLC player are you currently using on the iPhone, it is advisable to use the latest version to stream the videos. Also, what are the various video format that you are currently having on the iPhone. It is recommended that you download and install Handbrake software that will help to convert the videos and then you can easily stream the videos to the TV using the Apple cable. Usually the kind of problem where only the audio comes and not the video output not comes happens when the files video codes are not supported by the VLC player. So download the software and see if it works for you or not.

Hey check the cables whether they are properly inserted or not, it can be that the cables might have loosely held which is why you are facing this problem of no video output. Even if you find that they are properly installed then see to it that the cables are itself proper by using the same cables to connect different TV or iPhone. I think that it is due to the cables malfunction that you are facing this problem.